[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ithinc

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 0.9.9.9 - light but featureful

Post by ithinc »

Defenestration wrote:With multi-row tabs (2 or more rows), if you drag a tab to move it and the mouse cursor is to the right of the last tab on the last row (ie. on the tab bar background), the drag arrow jumps to the first row, rather than staying on the last row. So, if you release the mous button to move the tab, it ends up on the first row, rather than the expected last tab on the last row. With a single row, the drag arrow will will stay to the right of the last tab.

This will be fixed.

Defenestration wrote:Can you add the ability to highlight the last opened tab with a different colour?
This would come in handy when new tabs are set to open next to the current tab.

This seems not a necessary. Post it to http://tabutils.uservoice.com for tracking.
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

ithinc wrote:The resizing will happen when your mouse moves off the tab bar for at least half the height of the tab bar, won't it?

No. never. Consider that when the bar tab is highly overflowed and I close some tabs, the other tabs don't require resizing, the problem is the tabs don't move automatically to the right for to use the empty space left for the closed tabs. Then, the only method that i found for to get the tabs correctly displayed are 1) the lateral arrows, and 2) close more tabs until to reach the minimum for no overflowing state, then the resizing delayed appear correctly.

EDIT: I can to see it on my window system, Fx 3.6.x
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

K4RBQT99 wrote:EDIT: I can to see it on my window system, Fx 3.6.x

Please work out a reproducing steps from a clean profile.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Version 1.0pre14 is released.

Main changes:
1/ Improved delay resizing feature, working well with tab animation in Fx4
2/ Fixed tab drop position in multi-row mode
Post feature requests to http://tabutils.uservoice.com.
Post bug reports to https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/issues.
Morgan B

Post by Morgan B »

czesiu wrote:I would like to switch the plugin to english :)

I have also wanted to change language on a single add-on sometimes, so here's the way I do it, but it isn't a VERY good way of doing it... anyway, here are the steps for doing it for TU:
1) Exit Firefox
2) Open [your profile folder]\extensions\tabutils@ithinc.cn\chrome
3) Rename tabutils.jar to tabutils.zip
4) Open tabutils.zip\chrome\locale\en-US
5) Copy all the files
6) Paste them in your locale folder (replace the already existing files)
7) Rename tabutils.zip to tabutils.jar
8) Start Firefox
The bad thing with this is that you have to do it every time the add-on is updated. Maybe it's easier to just stick to the beta versions...
Defenestration

Post by Defenestration »

ithinc wrote:
Defenestration wrote:With multi-row tabs (2 or more rows), if you drag a tab to move it and the mouse cursor is to the right of the last tab on the last row (ie. on the tab bar background), the drag arrow jumps to the first row, rather than staying on the last row. So, if you release the mous button to move the tab, it ends up on the first row, rather than the expected last tab on the last row. With a single row, the drag arrow will will stay to the right of the last tab.

Version 1.0pre14 is released.

Main changes:
2/ Fixed tab drop position in multi-row mode
Now, when the mouse cursor is to the right of any row of tabs, the drop indicator is always at the end of the last row rather than being at the end of the current row. Instead, if the mouse cursor is to the right of the first row, then the drop indicator should be the end of the first row. If the mouse cursor is to the right of the second row, the drop indicator should be at the end of the second row, etc.

Also, when a tab will be moved to the end of a row which is not the last row, the drop indicator is displayed at the beginning of the next row, rather than the end of the current row. While this is correct if a tab is being moved backwards (ie. the tab will actually appear at the beginning of the next row), it is not correct when moving a tab forwards (ie. the tab will appear at the end of the current row). If you don't want to handle the different cases of moving a tab backwards/forwards separately, then I prefer Tab Mix Plus' behaviour of always showing the drop indicator at the end of a row rather than the beginning.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Version 1.0pre16 is released.

Main changes:
1/ Improved tab drop position in multi-row mode
2/ Improved related tabs feature
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Morgan B wrote:I have also wanted to change language on a single add-on sometimes, so here's the way I do it, but it isn't a VERY good way of doing it...

A more simple way is to edit the chrome.manifest file directly. Just remove the line of your locale. No "Exit Firefox" needed.
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

ithinc wrote:
K4RBQT99 wrote:EDIT: I can to see it on my window system, Fx 3.6.x

Please work out a reproducing steps from a clean profile.

Assume: The tab bar overflow with 10 or more tabs, no multi-row for tabs, delayed resizing true, change to new tab on opening.

• Open 12 tabs. The last tab gets the focus.
  • Close with middle click the last but one tab.
  • Move the cursor outside the bar tab.
  • In this point, is expected the tabs moving for to use the liberated space. Instead, i don't get any movement:

If delayed resizing is disabled, the issue is not seen.

I can to reproduce this with the 'default' settings, too.
kurumigi

Post by kurumigi »

In 0.9.9.9.2, conflict between BarTab 2.0.

Don't work following preferences.

• [New Tab] button
  • [List all tabs] button
  • Tab counter
  • Left extra space
  • Right extra space
  • Hide [Force all links to open in New Tab]
  • Hide [Force all new tabs to open in Background]
  • Hide [Force all new tabs to open in Foreground]

This message is displayed in error console.

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Node was not found" code: "8" nsresult: "0x80530008 (NS_ERROR_DOM_NOT_FOUND_ERR)" location: "chrome://tabutils/content/tabutils.js Line: 2292"]

In 0.9.9.9.1, don't conflict and don't display any messages.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

kurumigi wrote:In 0.9.9.9.2, conflict between BarTab 2.0.
This message is displayed in error console.
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Node was not found" code: "8" nsresult: "0x80530008 (NS_ERROR_DOM_NOT_FOUND_ERR)" location: "chrome://tabutils/content/tabutils.js Line: 2292"]

In 0.9.9.9.1, don't conflict and don't display any messages.

Confirmed, thanks. Will be fixed.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

K4RBQT99 wrote:Assume: The tab bar overflow with 10 or more tabs, no multi-row for tabs, delayed resizing true, change to new tab on opening.
  • Open 12 tabs. The last tab gets the focus.
  • Close with middle click the last but one tab.
  • Move the cursor outside the bar tab.
  • In this point, is expected the tabs moving for to use the liberated space. Instead, i don't get any movement:
I can to reproduce this with the 'default' settings, too.

I'm not sure whether your steps work on Windows system? I'm using Windows XP + Firefox 3.6.13 + TU 1.0pre16, and cannot reproduce the problem with your steps.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Version 1.0pre17 is released.

Main changes:
1/ Fixed tab drop position in multi-row mode in Firefox 4
2/ Fixed incompatibility with BarTab
3/ Improved customizable context menuitems, now supporting "insertbefore/insertafter" attributes
4/ Added customizable toolbar buttons [extensions.tabutils.button.*]
Morgan B

Post by Morgan B »

I've used 0.9.9.9.1 for a while now, because one of the beta versions (and later versions) released somewhere about that messed things up for me, and I didn't have time to find out what the problem was. However, since 1.0pre17 those problems were solved (it was probably the incompatibility with BarTab that was the problem). But now there's a big incompatibility with Tree Style Tab instead! But I don't know since which TU version this problem is, of course. I have tested it with a new Firefox profile and the latest versions of TU and TST, both with default preferences. I have also tested it with all of TST's themes. Here is how it looks:
js3862

Post by js3862 »

Having problems with Tab Utilities 0.9.9.9 after an update of other add-ons. After updating other add-ons and while tab utilities is enabled I'm unable to select or close additional tabs in FF although I can open them, I just can't use them once they're open. If I deaktivate TU and restart FF the problem goes away. I'm running the German localized version of FF if that makes any difference. I can give you additional information, but I didn't want to just spew out a bunch of unnecessary details and confuse the question.

Thanks!