"An error occurred, please try again later"

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
HMunn

"An error occurred, please try again later"

Post by HMunn »

I have Shockwave Flash Player plugin 10.0.45.2 installed. I have gone to the Adobe site and it confirms that Flash Player has been successfully installed.
When I go to a Youtube link I get a black screen with the message ""An error occurred, please try again later"
I have uninstalled Flash Player and re-installed and still no luck.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

FF 3.6 XP SP3
DanRaisch

Re: "An error occurred, please try again later"

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support as no bug has been identified here.
Foxicated

Post by Foxicated »

Running Firefox 3.6.3 on Win XP 32 Pro + SP3 , I had this issue for quite a while, big disgrace ..... cutting a long story short ..... it's all about cookies as far as I'm concerned.

1. Options -> Privacy -> Accept cookies from sites is ticked -> Youtube works flawlessly.
2. Options -> Privacy -> Accept cookies from sites is unticked -> Youtube works flawlessly provided cookies for youtube.com and ytimg.com are allowed.

In both cases, NoScript allowed for : youtube.com and ytimg.com

I hope this will sort things out at your end.

Post by 1001 »

Common causes:

Flash not updated
Browser not updated
And finally browser not compatible...

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Yo ... in+Firefox

There you go, personally I think it's BS having patented codecs!
Tzeltal

Post by Tzeltal »

1001 wrote:Common causes:

Flash not updated
Browser not updated
And finally browser not compatible...

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Yo ... in+Firefox

There you go, personally I think it's BS having patented codecs!

Same problem here...

- Accepted all cookies from both Youtube and Yitmg to no avail

Solution (for me): "Allow Third Party Cookies" and voilá!
Moulder

Post by Moulder »

Well, since the programs appear to be "cookie-hungry" have you all considered WHY it is asking for the cookies and especially for Third-Party cookies to be installed on your computer? What are they really being used for, for instance? Do they even give you an indication or a heads-up on their usage and how long they plan to keep them?

My suggestion is that next time they ask for any kind of cookies, and if you just have to be in that website, you might consider just allowing them for the Session and then immediately erasing them at the end of the session if you haven't already done that. As many are thinking...what would they want the cookies for and do they plan to follow and track your every move thereafter if you keep them in your system? Better Safe Than Sorry!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Moulder wrote:Better Safe Than Sorry!

But there is such a thing as paranoia. Many web site use cookies to store your user ID and customized choices you've made about the site: Yahoo, for instance may store info about which news sources you choose for your MyYahoo home page, etc. Not every cookies is there to track your every move or to be sold to malware distributors. Be choosy about which cookies you permit but don't be excessive about it either.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

The easy way to handle cookies is to set them to expire when you close Firefox. If there are some you want to keep, you can temporarily change that setting. Notice that the settings do not affect cookies that you have already received. You have to delete those manually.

The original question was from March, about a totally different subject, but since I've already written an answer, here it is:

Oddly enough, I think you can assume that if the Adobe site says Flash has been successfully installed, that means that Flash has been successfully installed. Sometimes "please try again later" means "please try again later". Did you try later?
Guy...

Post by Guy... »

I've had this problem for ages, and I finally solved it with the help of:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_Firefox#Copy_data_to_the_new_profile.

This solution will reset your settings to which sites you allow or deny to set cookies, display images, open popup windows and initiate extensions installation.

1. Close Firefox

2. Start >> Run >> firefox.exe -p

3. Create Profile >> Next >> Finish >> Start Firefox

4. Close Firefox

5. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\[Your User]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

6. Copy the file permissions.sqlite from the new profile folder to the original profile folder

7. Start Firefox
graylane

Post by graylane »

This is not as complicated as everyone is making it.

The problem; if you do not accept third party cookies, when trying to view a YouTube video embed on another site, it will not play without its cookie. if you click the video again (or select the YouTube logo) you will go to YouTube.com and view the Video, BECAUSE the cookies are no longer third party.

You can not block cookies from an embedded YouTube video and still view it on many sites.
Lorelay

Post by Lorelay »

Hello. I had the same problem - the solution was, in my case, quite simple but with annoying results - disabling AdBlock Plus 1.3.9. solved the problem, but now I have those nasty banners back on many sites.

Also, i think disabling adBlock solved another problem too - "Warning: Unresponsive script" prompt that says "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete." (this resulted in being unable to close any open tabs after this message was prompted (I had to restart Mozilla every time this problem occured), even if I would choose to end the script or keep it running)

Hope it helps
GdH

Post by GdH »

Same problem for me. After several updates of Java and Flash player and reboots, it turned out to be Adblock Plus that caused the Youtube problem. Thanks Lorelay for sharing :) Would never have thought of Adblock otherwise...
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

If a video on YouTube shows that error: "An error occurred, please try again later", I find that simply reloading the page will fix it. It happens frequently when I load a video page into a tab and then do not play it for a while.

Post by Guest »

What worked for me is to disable the "Shockwave Flash" plugin and then restart Firefox, go to a known-bad site and try to watch the video. You should get a prompt that the plugin has been disabled. Go back to the plugins page and re-enable the plugin, restart Firefox and then try once more to load the video.

As I said, it worked for me so hopefully it'll work for others.
Guest 101

Post by Guest 101 »

An issue that I have been having, is when I make a video full screen it says "An error occurred, please try again later". I also have my settings to automatically make the video HD when in full screen. The solution I found was to move the slider bar to unlimited under local storage. (This menu is accessed by right clicking on the player and going to settings. It will be the third tab over with the picture of the folder on it.)