[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
miriamics

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accoun

Post by miriamics »

I am not sure if someone said that already but, I have Google apps accounts and all of them have been updated recently.
Google asked for some "transition" that would be done at forst days of january.
Maybe they change something that need to be fixed at Gmail Manager.

I am lost without this. :(
I need to follow too many accounts so if someone find any other good solution like Gmail Manager please let me know.
digideth

Post by digideth »

!?!?! wrote:... Webmail Notifier lets me know I have a new email, but not which account it's in. So unless I know which account has a higher unread count than before, I am left to open randomly until I figure it out. Next I'm trying Thunderbird as a last resort. Seems that the only people who have had luck with Mook are using Windows 7 or Linux. I still have XP and it doesn't work.

If you hover your mouse over the Webmail Notifier icon it will list your accounts and how many emails are in each.
You can also right click on the Webmail Notifier icon and it will list your accounts and how many emails are in each.
Jubei71

Post by Jubei71 »

I installed the Mook version but it isn't working for me. Using FF 3.6.13 and have buzz turned on (I do like Buzz and use it quite often).
Chaosas

Post by Chaosas »

Wow... Thank you for the tip about Google Buzz. I do use it, but only on one account. So I removed that account from Gmail Manager, installed Mook's update, and now it works without freezing. I'll just have to check that other e-mail manually for now :-k
!?!?!

Post by !?!?! »

OMG, this is the end of the world!! I don't like Gmail Checker, WebMail Notifier, or Thunderbird! I am going through withdrawal.

TODD LONG, if you're out there, what do you do now? Are you developing this only for your personal use? If not, how are you surviving without it?
kring101

Post by kring101 »

FIXED!!!!!

Atleast temporarily. You must download the mook version on thread page 236, here's the link https://github.com/mook/gmail-manager/a ... c77e22eb9d

STEP 2: !!!! then as previously mentioned by lykiana you need to disable Google Buzz, that is what is causing the issue. Go into each gmail account, click setting @ top right, then the last tab for Buzz, click on the delete Buzz profile and follow the prompts to disable buzz.
Metallo

Post by Metallo »

Hi all,

also my GM does no longer work, so I tried to uninstall the add/on but unfortunately, no success.
I tried in safe mode, no way.
My OS is W7 64bit and my GM is 0.61.
What else can I try to successfully uninstall it?

Thanks for your help
Alex
Dell Inc. Studio 1558, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz, 6.0 GB DDR3-SDRAM (1333 MHz), HD SEAGATE ST9500420AS 500GB, DVD Writer LG Electronics HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 1 GB, Canon i865, W7 Home Premium 64 Bit
kring101

Post by kring101 »

complete shut down firefox, then delete the prefs.xml file out of the gmail manager folder,

for me it's found @: C:\Users\**username**\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0kthbcg2.default\gmanager
4thought

Post by 4thought »

Confirmed that Mook's version works for me for 4 accounts once I turned off Buzz. I had to go through the Buzz removal procedure a few times for a couple of accounts though - weird. Thanks very much guys! I really rely on this add-in.
hiarmen

Post by hiarmen »

Conformed Mook (0.6.1.0.1.20101101) - all 6 accounts back to life after removing Buzz from gmail settings. Longfocus, you suck!
untitleddd

Post by untitleddd »

Can someone explain how to install the fix by Mook in simple terms? I seriously cannot figure out how to do it.
barna1

Post by barna1 »

digideth wrote:OK for those who can't get any of the other version to work without FF 3.6.13 locking/freezing up....

I highly recommend using WebMail Notifier FF Add-on
http://webmailnotifier.mozdev.org/

WOW that extension is AWESOME!

Wish I would have found out about before today...

It's not a good solution, becasuse of I can't set different voices to single accounts. I set voices only to my important accounts...
barna1

Post by barna1 »

Thanks guys. After I removed Buzz, the GM works again. (Use Mook's update!)
bluepicaso

Post by bluepicaso »

Wow.. thanks to Mook's first time was able to see the snippets.
They never come up on my ubuntu. I'm gonna post this directly to addon review.
But I never had buzz enabled still only 2 of my accounts are on (one of them is a google app). rest 3 are just dead.
Please help. I tries disabling priority inbox too. but no luck
please help
Thank you guys
averagjoe3

Post by averagjoe3 »

installed mook, deleted buzz, and still wont log in. any thoughts?