Auto reload of remote calendars

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
rickm

Auto reload of remote calendars

Post by rickm »

I think the following may be covered by Bug 265274.

I'm looking for a feature to automatically reload remote calendars on a regular interval. Please confirm that this was covered in Bug 265274. I'm using FF-cal build 111214-cal, so I assume that I have to wait for the next release to get this feature?

Just in case, let me describe my setup. I have FF-cal running at all times at home and in the office. My calendar files are stored remotely on the now-famous ftp server with that troublesome anonymous FTP setup. Fortunately, "publish.mozilla.php" does the job for me just fine.

When I add an event while in the office, I need the FF-cal instance running at home to reload the remote calendar. This is because it is the home instance that sends the email alarms. The office instance is inhibited from sending the email by defining the alarm email destination alias as a pipe to /dev/null on the office machine. In this fashion, I don't get two copies of the email. The email includes my mobile phone destination, so I get a text message alert. Both instances of FF-cal pop up window alarms.

In the meantime, I've written a script that detects that the remote calendar has changed, and it kills and restarts FF-cal to force a remote calendar reload. Extremely crude, I know.

So, am I correct that Bug 265274 covers this timed remote-reload case? There was quite a lot of email from "ago" there and in other bug reports and I couldn't be quite sure. Many things were discussed. ;-)

...RickM...
Last edited by rickm on December 7th, 2004, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvl

Post by mvl »

Please, i'm not your personal helpdesk. Just ask in general.

And you are looking for bug 271400
rickm

Post by rickm »

Good news, thanks.
...RickM...