[Ext]Default FullZoom Level

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Morac

Re: [Ext]Default FullZoom Level

Post by Morac »

I'm using version 4.4.7 in Firefox 4.0b10. I get the following error in the error console every time I open a browser window.

Code: Select all

Error: fullZoomBtn.initPref is not a function
Source file: chrome://defaultfullzoomlevel/content/fullZoomBtn.js
Line: 11

Not sure why exactly since it looks like initPref is a function, but I'm getting it anyway. What's really odd is that it doesn't look like fullZoomBtn.js is supposed to even be loading in Firefox 4.0. Looking at Chromebug it looks like all 6 javascript files are being loaded into Firefox 4.0 (and the nightly Minefield loads) and there is a "statusbarZoomLevel" statusbarpanel item being added, which should only be added in Firefox 3.6 and below according to the chrome.manifest. I'm guessing there's an error in the chrome.manifest or something.

I also notice the the window load event handler is trying to run an object instead of a function:

window.addEventListener("load", fullZoomBtn, false);
Morac

Post by Morac »

I found the problem with your chrome.manifest file. The problem is with this line:

Code: Select all

overlay chrome://browser/content/browser.xul chrome://defaultfullzoomlevel/content/browserOverlay3.6.xul appversion>=3.6.0 appversion<=3.6.*

You are including two appversion comparisons on a single line. If you do that, the line matches if either is true. So basically that line will match for all versions of Firefox.

From the chrome.manifest documentation, I bolded the important part:

Extensions may install into multiple versions of an application. There may be chrome registration lines which only apply to a particular application version. The flag

appversion=version
appversion<version
appversion<=version
appversion>version
appversion>=version

indicates that the instruction should only be applied if the extension is installed into the application version identified. Multiple appversion flags may be included on a single line, in which case the line is applied if any of the flags match. The version string must conform to the Toolkit version format.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

@Morac
I have already fixed the manifest error.
Pls try 4.49.

Thanks.
Helper7677

Post by Helper7677 »

Download/install Default FullZoom Level 4.4.9 from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
ethsen

Post by ethsen »

After installing 4.4.9 my nav bar got fatter. When I remove the DefaultFullZoom icon from the nav bar, the height goes back to normal. Reverted back to 4.4.7 and nav bar height is normal again with the DefaultFullZoom icon. I'm using 4.0b11pre.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

ethsen wrote:After installing 4.4.9 my nav bar got fatter. When I remove the DefaultFullZoom icon from the nav bar, the height goes back to normal. Reverted back to 4.4.7 and nav bar height is normal again with the DefaultFullZoom icon. I'm using 4.0b11pre.

I cannot reproduce.
1px ...
Helper7677

Post by Helper7677 »

There is a change in the way toolbar buttons are done in Firefox 4. Alice's button is 16x16 pixels. In the following Mozilla blog, (1) the suggested dimension is 15x15 pixels with an additional 3 pixel padding all around and (2) some additional CSS lines suggested (look at the section "Toolbar Buttons" in the blog). If you place the current 16x16 pixel icon in the Add-ons Bar or any other toolbar, you will see the 1 pixel increase in height. See: http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2010/12/ ... firefox-4/
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

Helper7677 wrote:There is a change in the way toolbar buttons are done in Firefox 4. Alice's button is 16x16 pixels. In the following Mozilla blog, (1) the suggested dimension is 15x15 pixels with an additional 3 pixel padding all around and (2) some additional CSS lines suggested (look at the section "Toolbar Buttons" in the blog). If you place the current 16x16 pixel icon in the Add-ons Bar or any other toolbar, you will see the 1 pixel increase in height. See: http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2010/12/ ... firefox-4/

But, I do not mind few pixels differences.
Thanks

Try Version 4.4.10.
Thanks
Helper7677

Post by Helper7677 »

Thanks for making the minor change(s), Alice.

I posted the information for ethsen, not as encouragement for you to change the problem with the icon. It was not bothering me. Thanks for taking the time.

The changes in version 4.4.10 fixed the very, very slight change in the height of the toolbar(s).
elcoyotelocoatx

Post by elcoyotelocoatx »

Hi, this has always been a great add-on for me, but this latest version 4.4.1.2 is not remembering website zoom levels. It will keep the zoom of a site while browsing in the current tab, but not in new tabs. I've checked my settings and they're fine, and this has only been happening since the last update.

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!
wisbucky

Post by wisbucky »

I think the latest Default Full Zoom introduced a bug where it does not remember the zoom level for a page that is an image. To reproduce:

1. Open this image (or any image) in a new tab in Firefox:
static/common/images/title2.gif
2. Increase the zoom level of the image page.
3. Switch to another tab, then switch back to the image page. The zoom level is reset back to 100%

It did not work like this before. I am using Win 7, FF 3.6.13, DFZ 4.4.13.
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

wisbucky wrote:I think the latest Default Full Zoom introduced a bug where it does not remember the zoom level for a page that is an image. To reproduce:

3. Switch to another tab, then switch back to the image page. The zoom level is reset back to 100%

Not a bug, this is Firefox behavior.
See Bug 575830 - Image zoom (Page zoom) is reset when I switch tabs.

WORKAROUND is provided.
set extensions.browser.zoom.fullZoom.ignoreImageDocument to false in about:config.

Thanks.
elcoyotelocoatx

Post by elcoyotelocoatx »

Alice0775 wrote:
wisbucky wrote:I think the latest Default Full Zoom introduced a bug where it does not remember the zoom level for a page that is an image. To reproduce:

Not a bug, this is Firefox behavior.
See Bug 575830 - Image zoom (Page zoom) is reset when I switch tabs.

WORKAROUND is provided.
set extensions.browser.zoom.fullZoom.ignoreImageDocument to false in about:config.

Thanks.

Sorry, Alice, but that hasn't fixed it on my end. Is there anything else I can try or info you need from me? Thanks :)
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

elcoyotelocoatx wrote:Sorry, Alice, but that hasn't fixed it on my end. Is there anything else I can try or info you need from me? Thanks :)

I have no idea.
Thanks.
wisbucky

Post by wisbucky »

thanks Alice, the config workaround worked!
extensions.browser.zoom.fullZoom.ignoreImageDocument to false in about:config.

Thanks for the quick response, Default FullZoom is one of the best most useful FF addons there is!