MozillaZine

Saving Images Using Phoenix

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
zoohooter
 
Posts: 19
Joined: November 30th, 2002, 4:26 pm

Post Posted December 1st, 2002, 10:21 am

How do you save an image using Phoenix? In Netscape and IE, you right click and there is a listing to "save image as", but I don't see this when using Phoenix. Thanks

Zo :(

Olli

User avatar
 
Posts: 66
Joined: November 29th, 2002, 2:35 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Post Posted December 1st, 2002, 10:41 am

Image

I have it my menu :)

Warduke
 
Posts: 630
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 7:49 pm

Post Posted December 1st, 2002, 10:45 am

WFM, I'm using the nightly from the 29th right now, but I can't remember when it didn't work.
Firefox : One Browser to Rule Them All.

alanjstr
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 9100
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 4:43 pm
Location: Anywhere but here

Post Posted December 1st, 2002, 10:58 am

zoohooter wrote:How do you save an image using Phoenix? In Netscape and IE, you right click and there is a listing to "save image as", but I don't see this when using Phoenix. Thanks

Zo :(


Did you start with a completely new profile and a new nightly?

asa

User avatar
 
Posts: 684
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 4:16 pm
Location: CA

Post Posted December 1st, 2002, 11:36 am

I believe that save image as works with images but not background images. I'm pretty sure this was a design decision in Mozilla that Phoenix inherits. There's surely a bug somewhere marked wontfix or something.

--Asa
"You'd PAY to know what you REALLY think." --Dobbs 1961

laszlo

User avatar
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 6:13 pm
Location: .de

Post Posted December 1st, 2002, 11:42 am

asa wrote:I believe that save image as works with images but not background images. I'm pretty sure this was a design decision in Mozilla that Phoenix inherits. There's surely a bug somewhere marked wontfix or something.

--Asa

Yes, that's a little inconsistent. When you're over a background image, you have the option to view it alone, but not to save it directly. After picking to view it the "Save image as..." option appears.

flii

User avatar
 
Posts: 2208
Joined: November 6th, 2002, 11:29 pm
Location: hickville, south dakota

Post Posted December 1st, 2002, 3:26 pm

i guess i haven't tried saving background with phoenix yet, but it's sad to hear that's a wontfix. i see many backgrounds i like, and not being able to copy them kinda bites.

daihard
Folder@Home

User avatar
 
Posts: 16633
Joined: November 17th, 2002, 6:27 pm
Location: Lynnwood, WA

Post Posted December 1st, 2002, 4:00 pm

Flii wrote:i guess i haven't tried saving background with phoenix yet, but it's sad to hear that's a wontfix. i see many backgrounds i like, and not being able to copy them kinda bites.

At least there's a workaround. :)

Return to Firefox General


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests