Saving Images Using Phoenix

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
zoohooter

Saving Images Using Phoenix

Post by zoohooter »

How do you save an image using Phoenix? In Netscape and IE, you right click and there is a listing to "save image as", but I don't see this when using Phoenix. Thanks

Zo :(
Olli

Post by Olli »

I have it my menu :)
Warduke

Post by Warduke »

WFM, I'm using the nightly from the 29th right now, but I can't remember when it didn't work.
Firefox : One Browser to Rule Them All.
alanjstr

Re: Saving Images Using Phoenix

Post by alanjstr »

zoohooter wrote:How do you save an image using Phoenix? In Netscape and IE, you right click and there is a listing to "save image as", but I don't see this when using Phoenix. Thanks

Zo :(

Did you start with a completely new profile and a new nightly?
asa

works with images but not background images

Post by asa »

I believe that save image as works with images but not background images. I'm pretty sure this was a design decision in Mozilla that Phoenix inherits. There's surely a bug somewhere marked wontfix or something.

--Asa
"You'd PAY to know what you REALLY think." --Dobbs 1961
laszlo

Re: works with images but not background images

Post by laszlo »

asa wrote:I believe that save image as works with images but not background images. I'm pretty sure this was a design decision in Mozilla that Phoenix inherits. There's surely a bug somewhere marked wontfix or something.

--Asa

Yes, that's a little inconsistent. When you're over a background image, you have the option to view it alone, but not to save it directly. After picking to view it the "Save image as..." option appears.
flii

Post by flii »

i guess i haven't tried saving background with phoenix yet, but it's sad to hear that's a wontfix. i see many backgrounds i like, and not being able to copy them kinda bites.
daihard
Folder@Home

Re: works with images but not background

Post by daihard »

Flii wrote:i guess i haven't tried saving background with phoenix yet, but it's sad to hear that's a wontfix. i see many backgrounds i like, and not being able to copy them kinda bites.

At least there's a workaround. :)