Firefox 4 tab-view-deck problem

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
stange12345

Firefox 4 tab-view-deck problem

Post by stange12345 »

Hello!

Does Firefox 4 allows extension to insert XUL elements inside vbox in <deck id='tab-view-deck'>? This vbox doesn't have id, so how can I specify that I want say my vbox to be placed there?

Thanks,
Andrew.
LoudNoise

Re: Firefox 4 tab-view-deck problem

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to Extension Dev.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

I'm pretty sure everything in the tab-view is composed dynamically with JavaScript.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
stange12345

Post by stange12345 »

patrickjdempsey wrote:I'm pretty sure everything in the tab-view is composed dynamically with JavaScript.

Thanks for your answer, but it shouldn't influence on extensions. For example, in Firefox 3 I can insert hbox before <hbox id='browser'> using without any problems, in Firefox 4 I can also insert inside 'tab-view-deck', but not inside vbox in 'tab-view-deck'. And I need to insert exactly inside vbox.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Well that's what I mean... if it's being dynamically generated, it's possible that the script is very strict about the composition and simply doesn't allow any foreign elements. You might be able to add elements using your own script that runs *after* the tab-view does.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/