Page moves up, then down

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
slick

Re: Page moves up, then down

Post by slick »

In that doc. .... it has a section about passwords... copying the related files...
Passwords: (Both of these files must be copied)
* key3.db - Key database for passwords.
* signons2.txt (Firefox 2) or signons3.txt (Firefox 3) or signons.sqlite (Firefox 3.5) - Saved passwords. Note: signons.txt was used prior to version 2.0.0.2.

Thanks
With respect to those two gas pricing links you posted... I'm not sure where that plays in to a "Page moves up and down"...

Sorry, I should have been more clear... that is another problem that I have with FF.
The page moving up and down comes and goes. But the page in the link hasn't worked in months. Maybe I should start another thread on this?
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

You're Welcome! :D

And after getting into that gas price link my FF had no issues with displaying all the data... even when my NoScript and Adblock extensions were blocking stuff it still displayed all the data.

Assuming that you checked the options that Guest suggested and/or tried some of the stuff that VanillaMozilla suggested you might want to try this....
From a prior post from Dan Raisch (with minor changes) ...

Clear the browser cache (Tools->Clear Private Data->select cache->click on "Clear Private Data Now" button).

(If using Firefox 3.5.(or above) use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.)

Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Show Cookies button).

And if that does not help here's a doc. that may help... plus note some of the links that branch off of it.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Websites_look_wrong

Also make sure that your Adobe flash related software is up to date... I use this free app. to keep my up to date...
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/
Last edited by dfoulkes on February 10th, 2011, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
slick

Post by slick »

dfoulkes wrote:If using Firefox 3.5.use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.

Looks like that fix my problem with the Gas Prices!

Now... next problem. :?:
In my old profile I was set up to open all links in a new tab.
In my new profile I have double checked and I have Options/Tabs set the same as the old profile.
Also Tab Mix Plus is set the same in the new profile as the old profile.... but when using the new profile I click on a link it doesn't open a new tab?
Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?
slick

Post by slick »

Disregard the the last post.

First I exported Tab Mix Plus settings from the old profile and then imported to new profile.... now all's well!

I failed to mention, to fix the Gas Price page ALSO required a new profile.
slick

Post by slick »

UPDATE:

I continued to have problems with pages moving, gas forum page not showing gas prices and other pages that had numerous problems. Even after making new profiles.

Then I found the SIMPLE solution....Decrease font size by one size!
Font size had been causing all the problems! ](*,)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Thanks for the feed-back on this... Because I use Noia theme plus NoSquint and a bunch of other exts. I assume my minor page-moving is caused by one or more of them... does not happen enough for me to dig into it that much though...

Was you reduction of Font Size done in the basic Firefox Options settings or some ext. setting?

And... some of this computer stuff is like having an Engine issue... the mechanic spends lots of your dollars trying to fix it and then at the end of it all finds that a RAT has built a nest in your exhaust pipe :) ](*,) :-"
Last edited by dfoulkes on February 13th, 2011, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slick

Post by slick »

dfoulkes wrote:
Was you reduction of Font Size done in the basic Firefox Options settings or some ext. setting?
Tools/Options/Content/Advanced/Minimum font size:/ lowered from 17 to 16.

I've been my own mechanic also. ](*,) :D
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

slick wrote:I've been my own mechanic also. ](*,) :D

Yeah, me tooooo... and it's getting harder to do that ](*,)

Post by Guest »

use a non-default theme and read the other day where the users commented on the AMO page about that theme cause jumps.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Guest wrote:use a non-default theme and read the other day where the users commented on the AMO page about that theme cause jumps.

Yep... I know... saw that too but it only happens once in awhile (for me) so I live with it... and it may also be a combo of the theme and some of the extensions I have... but I'm happy with it all.
slick

Post by slick »

dfoulkes wrote: Yeah, me tooooo... and it's getting harder to do that ](*,)

I had stop doing my own mechanical work several years ago. But last year my diesel farm tractor got to where it wouldn't start. Had to remove the fuel injection pump to get it repaired. It took me 4 hours and another 2 to replace it. Even then had to get my wife to help. But guess it wasn't so bad for someone my age. :wink: