yellow bar for secure sites

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
iav

Post by iav »

I have this feature on fresh PC, but not on pc, installed before 2006. Full reinstallation of seamonkey doesn't matter, new profile creation too.

How can I switch this on my pc with old windows?
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

Just a thought, are you using different themes on the two PCS? Since this is a new feature in SeaMonkey, some of the older versions of themes might not support the yellow bar. It's almost too pale for me to notice in one theme, so I changed the color. I'm assuming, though, that on the reinstall on the pre-2006 PC, you're using one of the two bundled themes. If you change the theme, does the yellow background still fail to show up?
But then again, I may be wrong.
iav

Post by iav »

I use nightly builds of seamonkey, classic theme, on all PCs. "modern" theme on old pc have yellow background, "classic" theme doesn't.
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

iav wrote:I use nightly builds of seamonkey, classic theme, on all PCs.

Me, too. The yellow background in the Modern theme is much darker than in the Classic theme. In the Classic theme, it's almost too pale for me to notice, and it's paler on one of my monitors than the other. I resolved the issue for myself by changing the color. If you want to try this to see if it helps for your situation, here's how I did it.

In the chrome folder of your profile, look for a file named userChrome.css. If it doesn't exist, you can create it. If you create the file, be sure the first line is

Code: Select all

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

Then, add the following code to the file.

Code: Select all

/* Make secure Web site URLs stand out */
#urlbar[level="high"] > .autocomplete-textbox-container {
  background-color: black !important;
  color: yellow !important;
  font-weight: bold !important;
}

You probably won't like the color names I use, so you can change them to anything you want. You'll find a list of named colors at http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp or you can use numeric color values.

I hope this'll work for you.
iav

Post by iav »

Yes, it's works.
Thank you.

But it's so strange... Why it doesn't work "out of box", without manual style insertion?
Where this setting survive during seamonkey reinstall?
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

There is a preference in about:config that would affect the color of the URL bar background. Take a look for the preference ui.infobackground. By default, that preference won't be in about:config; it'll only be there if it was created by the user. My recollection is that this preference only works in the Classic theme, not in Modern. You'll have to restart SeaMonkey for the preference to take effect.
iav

Post by iav »

I have no ui.infobackground preference on any of my PC.
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

Those are the only two places, ui.infobackground and userChrome.css, that I know of that would control the color of the location bar background. Maybe someone else has another thought.
CTho9305

Post by CTho9305 »

The classic theme uses the tooltip background color for the URL bar on SSL sites.
<a href="http://ctho.ath.cx/toys/">CTho's JS Toys</a>
<a href="http://ctho.ath.cx/games/">CTho's JS Games</a>
ZonkSJx

Re: yellow bar for secure sites

Post by ZonkSJx »

is their anything we can add in userchrome that will disable the yellow security bars?

Just doesnt look right in windows.
LoudNoise

Re: yellow bar for secure sites

Post by LoudNoise »

You are replying to an elderly thread. Locking. Please start a new thread fully describing the problem.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."