Does Lightning work on Windows 7 64 Bit??

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
brenboy78

Does Lightning work on Windows 7 64 Bit??

Post by brenboy78 »

Hi Guys,

I'm running Thunderbird 3.1.6 withing Lightning and DavMail Gateway 3.8.6-1530 to synch my calendar with an Exchange server. This setup worked well whilst I was running Windows XP

My work laptop has recently been upgraded to Win 7 64 bit from Windows XP. Since the upgrade Lightning has not been working correctly and regularly crashes Thunderbird when I attempt to accept invites or dismiss reminders - in actual fact I can only successfully accept some invites and I cannot dismiss reminders at all - they just keep building up.

My calendar also places itself into Read-Only mode quite regularly, requiring me to untick the "Read-Only" checkbox.

I have tried Lightning versions 1.0b2 and 1.0b3pre nightly builds but the issue occurs in both versions. I have deleted and recreated my calendar a few times but the problems remain.

Is Lightning truly supported on Win7 64 bit??

Error Console messages when I attempt to dismiss reminders:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "'<error>' when calling method: [calICalendar::modifyItem]" nsresult: "0x804a0002 (<unknown>)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Users/mifsudb/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/yj8zph63.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///C:/Users/mifsudb/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/yj8zph63.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calCachedCalendar.js :: anonymous :: line 425" data: no]

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) [nsIRequest.name]" nsresult: "0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Mozilla%20Thunderbird/components/nsLoginManager.js :: anonymous :: line 315" data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Mozilla%20Thunderbird/components/nsLoginManager.js
Line: 315
pdcweb

Re: Does Lightning work on Windows 7 64 Bit??

Post by pdcweb »

I have no problems with TB and Lighting on windows 7 64bit with a core i7 processor.
Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1.6
brenboy78

Post by brenboy78 »

Are you using a local calendar or a network calendar?
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

According to the message the error is caused in http://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-1.9.2/source/mozilla/toolkit/components/passwordmgr/src/nsLoginManager.js#315 when trying to log some debug message. Have you done something to enable logging? If yes you might test disabling it.

The error message is later reported in calCachedCalendar.js indicating that you have enabled the experimental cache feature. Does the problem still exists if you disable the cache feature?
brenboy78

Post by brenboy78 »

Hi ssitter,

I've disabled the cache feature on my calendar and disabled all the logging I can in about:config. I no longer get the error messages in the Error Console but the problems of accepting, dismissing and the calendar putting itself in read-only mode persist.
pdcweb

Post by pdcweb »

brenboy78 wrote:Are you using a local calendar or a network calendar?

I am using a mixture of CalDav and Local Calendars.
brenboy78

Post by brenboy78 »

I uninstalled lightning and deleted the calendar-data folder in my Thunderbird profile folder. I then reinstalled lightning 1.0b2 and added a new network calendar. At this stage these steps seem to have corrected my problems and my calendar is working well.
gauthamn

Post by gauthamn »

Hi Can you confirm if you are using Thunderbird 64 bit version also in windows 7. Can you also link me to the lightning 64 bit build for windows 7, I keep getting wrong version error for all the builds I have tried.

The only way lightning and thunderbird are working presently is to use both 32-bit versions

Any help??

pdcweb wrote:I have no problems with TB and Lighting on windows 7 64bit with a core i7 processor.
Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1.6
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

There exits no 64-bit Lightning builds for Windows.
gauthamn

Post by gauthamn »

Now that Thunderbird is present in 64 bit for win7, is it possible to request someone to build lightning 64 bit also.

any links or email ids!!

thanks

ssitter wrote:There exits no 64-bit Lightning builds for Windows.
pgarceau

Post by pgarceau »

I have a similar question:

Does the latest Lightning add-on release (64bit) work with Lanikai (Thunderbird 64 bit)?

I ask because I have an error when I attempt to install the latest Lightning add-on for Lanikai.

I have Namorka (Firefox 64bit) installed and working fine.
(ie. I am using a 64bit runtime and I am having no issues where Namorka is concerned)

Here is the message: (thanks to whoever made it possible to copy and paste this note)

Lightning" could not be installed because it is not compatible with your Lanikai build type (WINNT_x86_64-msvc). Please contact the author of this item about the problem.

I wonder if the runtime I have is in fact not the correct runtime.
Feedback would be appreciated.

What I am using:
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9150e Quad Core Processor
Installed memory (RAM): 7.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System (Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1 - Installed Windows 7 SP1 update today)

I really do hope I get a reply to this as per the calendar discussion activity, no one has ever responded to the last question placed here before mine.
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

pgarceau wrote:Does the latest Lightning add-on release (64bit) work with Lanikai (Thunderbird 64 bit)? I ask because I have an error when I attempt to install the latest Lightning add-on for Lanikai.

There are neither Thunderbird nor Lightning 64-bit nightly builds or release builds provided for Windows yet as far as I know. If you create your own 64-bit Thunderbird build you can test creating your own 64-bit Lightning build too. Mozilla progress on this topic can be tracked with Bug 471090. Thunderbird progress can be tracked with Bug 634233. Lightning progress can be tracked with Bug 634180.
Oliver90

Post by Oliver90 »

My calendar also places itself into Read-Only mode quite regularly, requiring me to untick the "Read-Only" checkbox.
------------------------------------------------------------------
plc training in india
plc training in india
plc training in india