Blank Popup Window

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Re: Blank Popup Window

Post by Guest »

I just wanted to confirm: I have the same problem (I have Tor Button, NoScript, Adblock, et al.). Disabling Google Toolbar solves the issue.
jono23

Post by jono23 »

An example is if you go to thaiair.com and try book a flight, or a forum that has a manage attachments button. The two are blank.
Buddy McKay

Post by Buddy McKay »

I had the same issue (blank pop-up windows in Firefox 3.5.7) and fixed it by disabling the Tor button from advice on this blog, but I do NOT have the Google Toolbar.

Post by Guest »

to dickvl - Thank you! That worked perfectly. Was driving me so nuts. Big Thanks! :-)
klinklater

Post by klinklater »

I disabled the Swagbucks add-on and now I can see the pop-ups. Bummer because I really liked using the Swagbucks toolbar.
Ivan Lackovic

Post by Ivan Lackovic »

I have experienced the same problem. I have determined the problem by starting firefox in safe mode, and fixed it by removing some extensions installed. I think the problem was that I had 2 different versions of Java Console installed and enabled, so i just disabled the older one.
Hope this helps.
muckingfuddle

Post by muckingfuddle »

I have this problem after updating to the latest version of firefox.
I did all the steps suggested above, and still getting blank popup windows.

No addons or extensions are causing the problem, have deleted all old java files, emptied cache, emptied java cache, deleted cookies, changed to default theme, and still no workey!

I even uninstalled Firefox completely, downloaded latest version, reinstalled and still blank popup windows.

aarrgghhhh

Not a happy bunny.
cityguy

Post by cityguy »

I have the same problem when clicking on buttons that open popups. I have used Tab Mix Plus to set all popups to open in tabs which seems to fix the problem although not really a solution I desire. I do not have TorButton or Google Toolbar installed.
xcv

Post by xcv »

the "web highlighter by Diigo" add-on seemed to be causing me that problem...