This Connection is Untrusted

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Decker2019

This Connection is Untrusted

Post by Decker2019 »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, so apologies in advance.

A couple of weeks ago, all the certificate manager authorities in my browser were deleted and since then I've had these extremely annoying "This Connection is Untrusted" every time I visit most websites. I tried to get some certificates but I still get the Connection is Untrusted popping up. I blindly exempt a lot but I don't want to exempt every web site from here until eternity. So, is there one place that I can get all my certificates? I don't understand anything about them, personal, unpersonal or otherwise. It goes right over my head.

Thanks for the help!

If it helps, this is what's in Advanced Encryption:

Protocols: Use SSL 3.0 and Use TLS 1.0 are both checked
Certificates: When a server requests my personal certificate: Ask me every time is checked

View Certificates:
Your Certificates- is blank
People- is blank
Servers- is blank
Authorities: I have a few Certificate Names which are listed as a Software Security Device
Others- is blank

Revocation Lists- is blank

Validation: Use the Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) to confirm the current validity of certificates: is checked
Validate a certificate if it specifies an OCSP server is also checked

Security Devices: Netscape Internal PKCS #11 Module. Under this is Generic Crypto Services and Software Security Device
and Builtin Roots Module
theking21

Re: This Connection is Untrusted

Post by theking21 »

Simple you need to may have messed with the firefox security settings and hence you need to Reset the Mozilla Firefox Browser for complete procedure refer the below link http://www.techhotfix.com/forum/showthr ... .6-Browser

if you still get this message the i would recommend a reinstall
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

The links at the bottom should help with creating and viewing yours and other certificates.
You can contact the certificate authorities directly and request new certificates.
You should still have the list of certificate authorities in your /Tools/Options/Advanced/ Encryption.
Also a number of the OCSP certificates have gone out of date and you would be getting that message if the certificate is out of date.
Open list by hitting the "View Certificates " button.
Then open the "Authorities Tab" you can check the dates and status of each one of the Certificate Authorities and the related certificates.
You can also edit the condition (what a certificate is allowed to qualify if you wish.
Your personal certificates are not the ones from the various Certificate Authorities.
Read this SSL error
also look at this Creating certificates
Once in the Knowledge base there's a number of certificate related links and you can perform a search as well.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Decker2019

Post by Decker2019 »

Thanks for the replies.

Resetting didn't do anything and requesting a new certificate from each issuer is beyond time consuming. All I wanted to do was replace the certificates I had that were deleted. There's not one place that I can do this? How does it work the first time someone installs a web browser? Does the browser come with them or does the new user have to contact each and every certificate issuer? I can't believe this is the way it's done.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

It depends on your system and browser and how responsible the developers are to users.
Firefox should come with certificate authorities and their certificates if you download a full Firefox package and install.
This link Firefox International versions covers most languages.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you