Sunbird Calendar Filename Help

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Kevin Taylor

Sunbird Calendar Filename Help

Post by Kevin Taylor »

I currently use Sunbird extensively at work, to keep track of my jobs, time spent on each task, etc.

Is there a way that I can setup Sunbird to allow me to keep a local (my computer) version of the calendar ICS file, as well as make a duplicate on our network for my supervisor to access?!

What I would like to be able to do, is when I create, edit, or delete an event that it's impressed on both copies, one local, and one remote on the network server.

Can this be done?
-Kevin Taylor
Torn Silence, Productions
www.torn-silence.com
Rod Whiteley

Publishing an ICS file

Post by Rod Whiteley »

As far as I know (and I am no expert)...

Sunbird only works with one copy of the ICS file.

It can synchronize the entire file with another remote copy using WebDAV. For more information, see the FAQ: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/faq.html#share

By the way, there is also information on WebDAV in the first draft of Calendar Help: http://calendarhelp.mozdev.org

Sunbird is designed to be able to use other ways to synchronize the file, for example FTP, but this is broken.

You could perhaps use another program to copy the file on a schedule, or make yourself an easy way to copy it manually.

Some work is in progress to change the way Sunbird stores its data. This could allow a future Sunbird to synchronize individual changes (instead of the entire file) in the way that you suggest.
Rod
Kevin Taylor

Post by Kevin Taylor »

I did read about WebDav, but unfortunately I don't have rights to the server to be able to utilize a process like that. I was hoping, since there is two input areas for the filename of the calendar, that we could define two names, two locations and let it save at the same time.
-Kevin Taylor
Torn Silence, Productions
www.torn-silence.com