Send problem w/ ATT Webmail @att.net

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
BanderaJim

Send problem w/ ATT Webmail @att.net

Post by BanderaJim »

This one has me stumped; I've been trying to help a novice friend (dumber than me, anyway) set up his internet/email on his new DSL line using ATT's web mail. He is addressed as XXXX@att.net and have been able to send test emails to everyone but me! I, & others can email him successfully, and we used my incoming mail as my address source to check for correctness (it is); I have replied to my emails from his 'puter but they don't get to me and there is no bounce-back notice.

I'm using TB 3.1.9, and have TB'd now for years with no probs.

Anybody have a clue? ](*,)
DanRaisch

Re: Send problem w/ ATT Webmail @att.net

Post by DanRaisch »

If he can send to anyone other than you the problem is not in Thunderbird. Who is YOUR email provider? Have they blacklisted AT&T or your friends account in particular? Do the messages your friend is sending include an HTML signature file?
BanderaJim

Post by BanderaJim »

DanRaisch wrote:If he can send to anyone other than you the problem is not in Thunderbird. Who is YOUR email provider? Have they blacklisted AT&T or your friends account in particular? Do the messages your friend is sending include an HTML signature file?
I didn't think the problem was on the TB end; my email provider thru Wildblue.net is GoogleMail. I just ran a swab on my contacts list and I have only one other person who uses att.net. I have never received anything from her att.net address (at home); only from her work 'puter. I just mailed her at both addy's to ask if she had ever sent me anything from home. I think if she has, she would possibly not have gotten a 'bounce-back- message telling her it didn't go through, as I don't get one back on my friends computer.

I don't think blacklisting is on for att, and the friend doesn't even know how to email yet, much less get in trouble!

And no, no signature file, just the message 'Test'
BanderaJim

Post by BanderaJim »

Fixed and back on track! I access my mail in Gmail via TB, so I went directly to my Gmail account (w/o TB) found what I was looking for in the Spam folder.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Ah, so it was, in effect, black listed. Thanks for posting your findings.