divx addons refuse to uninstall (Mac)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
wraithien

divx addons refuse to uninstall (Mac)

Post by wraithien »

Hey Guys just got a new Macbook Pro and stupidly decided to install divx to watch a video online i only needed the web plugin. The issue is now i cant uninstall both divx plus webplayer and divx hiq as every time i try they don't uninstall. I reinstalled firefox only to find firefox automatically reinstalling the two of them I've looked for them in finder and cant seem to find where they are located to delete them. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated as this is first time this has ever happened and its incredibly annoying.
Xenon787

Re: divx addons refuse to uninstall (Mac)

Post by Xenon787 »

after some investigating with the console, I discovered a folder stored in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Mozilla/Extensions called "{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}". It contains two subfolders which are the divx hiq and divx HTML5 plugins. delete them both and you should be set to go. the divx webplayer can be removed by searching for "divx" on your Macintosh HD and deleting the "DivXBrowserPlugin.plugin" that comes up.
Regards,
Xenon
spirit10

Post by spirit10 »

Thanks Xenon787. That worked like a charm. I was getting really irritated since i uninstalled firefox, removed all the traces from /library/application support and from /library/firefox, and still it would show up on fresh installation. Good find really. I was looking on several other forum for the solution without any success. Thanks once again.
syg

Post by syg »

Thanks for the fix Xenon787! Worked for me.
saneman

Post by saneman »

Thanks this worked brilliantly.