Fixes for extensions broken since new addon manager landed

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
KWierso

Re: Fixes for extensions broken since new addon manager land

Post by KWierso »

nadark wrote:Not really a bug, but did anyone notice the size of the addon-bar increased with the new update of download statusbar 0.9.8?
It's also now dragable as well, but it increased the addonbar height a bit, wasn't it supposed to be a fixed height and not abide by the addons toolbar icon?

Couldn't find the appropriate thread in the extension section, so forgive me for posting here.

Addonbar resizes to fit whatever content is put onto it.
nadark

Post by nadark »

KWierso wrote:
nadark wrote:Not really a bug, but did anyone notice the size of the addon-bar increased with the new update of download statusbar 0.9.8?
It's also now dragable as well, but it increased the addonbar height a bit, wasn't it supposed to be a fixed height and not abide by the addons toolbar icon?

Couldn't find the appropriate thread in the extension section, so forgive me for posting here.

Is that so..
Ah well, seems like i found another problem, the new Downloadstatusbar also doesn't clean its icon anymore after cleaning with the default firefox download manager, nor does it clean with its own clean function, it just stays there as "0:0", this is only in mini mode, works ok in full mode.

I'm assuming i can report these bugs on http://downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org/bugs.html, right?
thebudman

Post by thebudman »

nadark wrote:
KWierso wrote:

Is that so..
Ah well, seems like i found another problem, the new Downloadstatusbar also doesn't clean its icon anymore after cleaning with the default firefox download manager, nor does it clean with its own clean function, it just stays there as "0:0", this is only in mini mode, works ok in full mode.

I'm assuming i can report these bugs on http://downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org/bugs.html, right?

I do like we can open containing folder from it while downloading now! I never noticed the size increase but maybe because i'm running a style in stylish to change size / add aero anyway?
hews310

Post by hews310 »

Custom Buttons updated for Fx 4

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

Version 0.0.5.3 March 13, 2011 104.4 KB

+ Added: Firefox 4.0 compatibility
! Changed: Now buttons wait for initialization till window will be loaded
+ Added: sr translation
+ Added: it-IT translation
# Fixed: buttons aren't initialized after dragging from "Customize Toolbar" dialog
# Fixed: (Editor) Ctrl+Shift+A doesn't work in Firefox 4
Anakunda

Post by Anakunda »

Hello there,

while I managed to get working most of old addons with Addon compatibility reporter, there are still ones whose don't work even, here's the list of them and the issues I have with them:

History submenus - displays empty submenus
Favicon picker - screws the whole UI at all
Brief - working and verified for FF4 but do have a problem with display (after update to FF4 Brief statusbar icon disappeared, so dragged it to toolbar from buttons palette, however now it doesnot go grey when all is read, which is quite confusing, can I get a recommendation for better RSS addon that is working correctly?)
Torbutton - same as Brief, statusbar icon won't show anymore, tor button from toolbar palette doesnot seem to work.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Unsticking.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
makondo

Post by makondo »

Ray, the AM sorter is back, go get it.
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

@DA

This fixes ForecastFox, a little trickier since it uses a jar-file:

Look for extensions/{0538E3E3-7E9B-4d49-8831-A227C80A7AD3}/chrome/forecastfox.jar

Here you have two options, either edit a file from within the .jar file (may not always work properly) or extract it (it's a normal zip file so just change the extension of it to .zip instead of .jar).

The file that needs to be changed is content/ping/ping-service.js. look for var exMgr (should be on line 88). On the beginning of that line add "//" (without the ") and on the following row do the same. Should look like this:

Code: Select all
// var exMgr = Cc["@mozilla.org/extensions/manager;1"].
// getService(Ci.nsIExtensionManager);

If you unpacked the .jar you need to do one more thing:

Open up chrome.manifest directly in the "{0538E3E3-7E9B-4d49-8831-A227C80A7AD3}" folder, in here you need to replace all "jar:chrome/forecastfox.jar!" with "chrome/forecastfox". "forecastfox" refers to the folder that was created when you unpacked the jar-file. By default it usually is the name of the archive. Check in the chrome folder to see what your name is.

This did not work for me and what I have on line 88 is not what you posted.