Removing the black line above bookmark toolbar

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
x1o8x

Removing the black line above bookmark toolbar

Post by x1o8x »

I have just updated Firefox to the latest version which is Firefox 4.

However I am facing an issue which could be a bug, but I'm posting here instead in case someone is able to help me.

The things is, I have a straight thin black line above my bookmark toolbar, and I can't seem to remove it. Strangely enough, this black line only appears when I maximize Firefox. When I make the window smaller, the black line disappears. This black line is visible when I have the Tabs below option, as shown below:

With Black Line

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Without Black Line

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can someone help me remove the black line? Or is this a bug?
beachguyjim

Re: Removing the black line above bookmark toolbar

Post by beachguyjim »

I think this is a bug. I am having the same problem. This started when beta 11 was released. It wasn't there in beta 10.
ShiroKen

Post by ShiroKen »

I also get this.

Doesn't appear to be an issue if you use "tabs on top", but I prefer tabs on the bottom.

Please fix ASAP! It's not good for my OCD lol.
Gopher John

Post by Gopher John »

I'm not seeing it here. Perhaps an extension or Firefox theme that you are using. The back/forward navigation buttons in Firefox 4 don't look like your picture by default.
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein
ShiroKen

Post by ShiroKen »

It could well be an addon problem, however I think it's something else.

Been trying to get FF4 to look like 3.6, and I pretty much got it sorted but something never seemed quite right. Well today I noticed that the "aero borders" (for lack of a better description) seem to be missing.

FF4 is on the left, and FF3 on the right, with a couple of random programs I had up at the time.
Below the title bar, you can see a bit of a border before the program space itself starts, but this appears to be missing with FF4. Maybe that's what's causing the black line to be replicated somewhere else when maximised?

Even if it's not, could we get an option to turn the border back on? IMO borderless looks ugly.
ShiroKen

Post by ShiroKen »

Oh, the icons also go elongated randomly too.
Only A Guest

Post by Only A Guest »

I noticed that it only appears when the window is maximized. Definitely unappealing! I hope there is a fix to this!
Shiroken

Post by Shiroken »

Well my laptop just randomly went into the basic Aero mode, and the black line wasn't there when maximised. When it went back to Aero the black line came back
Maric

Post by Maric »

Customise, Add New Toolbar, move things on bookmarks toolbar to new toolbar, untick bookmarks toolbar.

Post by Guest »

Maric wrote:Customise, Add New Toolbar, move things on bookmarks toolbar to new toolbar, untick bookmarks toolbar.

thanks so much! great advice!