Is there a need for a Sunbird Forum?

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
fire_place

Is there a need for a Sunbird Forum?

Post by fire_place »

I am keenly watching the development of the Sunbird project. As soon as I can sync it with my Palm I intend adopting it. I wonder if there is a need for a seperate sunbird forum, rather than having to sift through all the other posts in this forum?
WebAngel

Post by WebAngel »

We periodically ask for that, and they periodically say "no". Evry project must have enough traffic for 4 forum (Feature, builds, general and support). We tink Sunbird need a forum to generate traffic, they think the opposite. :-) So we stay here. Welcome into our fullfilled room :-)

Angel
GoMozilla

Post by GoMozilla »

Hmmm... That is a tough call decision... I bet that as Sunbird continues to become even more stable, and its popularity increases there will be an even stronger reason to give Sunbird its own forum. This might still be a bit of time though, seeing as how Sunbird doesn't even have its own product page yet.

BTW... MozillaZine really says that Sunbird doesn't generate enough traffic for those four categories? There are many posts about features, and general information. Then there are also a lot of questions about builds and support out there (ex. Calendar news group). I am a bit curious what the numbers are for Sunbird to get it's own forum... But maybe that's just me:)
Last edited by GoMozilla on September 29th, 2004, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Firejava

Post by Firejava »

As we get closer to 1.0 release, I am sure we will be given our own forum section.
astrowob

Post by astrowob »

Firejava : 1.0 release of Calendar or Sunbird (it's only at 0.2)

Why don't they do 1 forum only in the Other section like for Camino?
GoMozilla

Post by GoMozilla »

Wait a second... How long has Thunderbird and Camino had their own forums?
P.S. - The answer might surprise youImage