Firefox 4 & FireFTP 1.99.2

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
sgchan

Firefox 4 & FireFTP 1.99.2

Post by sgchan »

I just updates to FF4 (portable version) and it auto-updated my FireFTP. From that moment on, FireFTP doesn't work anymore. The Connection drop-down doesn't work, it doesn't show the local drive, Tools - Options doesn't respond etc.

Strange, any advice?
KWierso

Re: Firefox 4 & FireFTP 1.99.2

Post by KWierso »

sgchan

Post by sgchan »

Just uninstalled and re-installed... still the same problem. Help please?
Jon Bius

Post by Jon Bius »

I've had a problem also. I've updated to FF 4 and FireFTP 1.99.2. FireFTP launches OK, but does not show a listing of files on the remote server.
smitp11

Post by smitp11 »

Jon Bius wrote:I've had a problem also. I've updated to FF 4 and FireFTP 1.99.2. FireFTP launches OK, but does not show a listing of files on the remote server.

The listings are there, you just need to hover the mouse over them to see them. Not ideal though...
smitp11

Post by smitp11 »

Jon Bius wrote:I've had a problem also. I've updated to FF 4 and FireFTP 1.99.2. FireFTP launches OK, but does not show a listing of files on the remote server.

The listings are there, you just need to hover the mouse over them to see them. Not ideal though...
sgchan

Post by sgchan »

Listing is not there... hover or click, still missing. It also doesn't list local drive, so the left pane is blank. Tools - Options also doesn't work. Help please.
demoriginal

Post by demoriginal »

Just the same. Nothing reacts. No way, to restore any account. Just reinstalled FireFox 3.6.16 and FireFTP 1.00.10 and I'm fine again.
rolleyes

Post by rolleyes »

Same problem here. This came after uninstalling FF4 AND FF3.## because of even more issues, and reinstalling FF4.
sgchan

Post by sgchan »

After some testing, it seems like the upgrade from FF3.6 and FireFTP 1.00.10 to FF4 & FireFTP 1.99.2 has problems. But if FireFTP is installed fresh on FF4, then it works. Frustrating because I have so many passwords in FireFTP 1.00.10. Anyone knows how passwords can be retrieved?
demoriginal

Post by demoriginal »

sgchan wrote:After some testing, it seems like the upgrade from FF3.6 and FireFTP 1.00.10 to FF4 & FireFTP 1.99.2 has problems. But if FireFTP is installed fresh on FF4, then it works.
Not with me. Had to retreat again.
Jon Bius

Post by Jon Bius »

Hovering doesn't work for me. In fact, if I go up one directory, I can't see the directory I was just in either.
sibi

Post by sibi »

Did it get solved. I am still stuck up with this problem...Nothing works on fireftp. Not even the local directory information is seen.
csheketoff

Post by csheketoff »

I am having the same problem...and very frustrated that fireftp doesn't work with firefox 4. do i need to go to earlier version of firefox?
Imageman

Post by Imageman »

Windows 7 64bit / FF4

I just tried FireFTP and it works fine here. Sorry your having a problem :cry: IM