SMTP problems with netaddress email

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jbw328

SMTP problems with netaddress email

Post by jbw328 »

I'm trying to set up Thunderbirg to work with my email netaddress.com and I just cant get it to work. I cant send mail - its saying stuff about Authenticated SMTP and no matter what I do, it wont work. Can anyone help walk me though this? Thank you!
SkyPilot

Post by SkyPilot »

Post by Guest »

I am pretty sure I've got everything set up right, but now I get this message:

Sending of message failed. This message could not be sent becasue connecting to SMTP server smtp.postoffice.net failed. The server may be unavailble or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your server setting is correct and try again or contact your administrator.

Im so frustrated! I'm pretty computer savvy - why cant I get this to work??? I can get Outlook to work easily (but hate it). Please help! Maybe all my settings arent right. Thank you!

Post by Guest »

I've got the same stinking problem and I'm about to give up on it.

Post by Guest »

If user name/password authentication IS required by your email provider, are you checking that appropriate box in the smtp server setting? Have you got the appropriate security boxes checked, if required by your email provider, or left blank if not supported by them? Are you using the correct smtp port number? ALL these things, wrongly configured, can stop you sending mail.
larkas

Post by larkas »

Are you connected to the NetAdress network when attempting to send the email? If not, try using an SMTP server from the network (ISP) you are on? Many ISPs now filter or block the use of SMTP servers other than theirs for spam fighting reasons.