Recurring Tasks do not regenerate

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
vjmescall

Recurring Tasks do not regenerate

Post by vjmescall »

I have recently begun using Thunderbird 3.1.2 as a potential alternative to Outlook. This is on a machine using Windows XP Pro. I have the Lightning add-on. So far it seems to be working fine but one problem is that Tasks that have been entered as recurring (not matter the recurrence interval) do not regenerate. Once I check them off as completed they never show in the Tasks pane again. They will show as completed if I select that option. I rely heavily on Tasks in Outlook and would like to know that Thunderbird/Lightning can handle this.
snafix

Re: Recurring Tasks do not regenerate

Post by snafix »

I can confirm this on 3.1.2 for Mac, latest stable Lightning add-on installed. I set up the repeater to start today and to end in 10 years, with a daily repeat. Clicking the completed checkbox today caused all future repetitions to marked as completed. Pretty serious bug!
Ilyse Kazar, lead consultant
Bubble Up Change (tm)
Darwinizer

Post by Darwinizer »

vjmescall wrote:I have recently begun using Thunderbird 3.1.2 as a potential alternative to Outlook. This is on a machine using Windows XP Pro. I have the Lightning add-on. So far it seems to be working fine but one problem is that Tasks that have been entered as recurring (not matter the recurrence interval) do not regenerate. Once I check them off as completed they never show in the Tasks pane again. They will show as completed if I select that option. I rely heavily on Tasks in Outlook and would like to know that Thunderbird/Lightning can handle this.

I am having the same problem. How soon will we have a fix? May have to use Evolution. Plz hurry.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Register and start a new topic in the Calendar forum. I'm locking this old one.