Events don't open immediately

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
haridsv

Events don't open immediately

Post by haridsv »

I am having a hard time searching, so please excuse me if this was discussed before.

I have Lightning setup to connect to exchange server through local DavMail server. Here are the versions I am using:

Thunderbird: 3.1.9
Lightning: 1.0b2
Provider for Microsoft Exchange: 0.12
DavMail: 3.9.1-1646

The problem I am seeing is that when I try to open any event details, either from calendar or from the alerts, nothing happens until the next alert dialog is opened or closed. E.g., if an alert shows up and I click on the details, the event details doesn't open until I close snooze or dismiss the alert. It is worse if I double click inside calendar, as these seem to queue up and suddenly multiple dialogs open up the next time an alert pops up. Is this a known issue or something to do with my configuration? I am guessing it is not a generic Lightning issue, since it would otherwise be considered a critical issue. This is perhaps an issue specific to "Provider for Microsoft Exchange" or even with DavMail, but I am hoping a lot of people do use this configuration and have some insight into this issue. I am hoping to find a workaround.
smsmith

Re: Events don't open immediately

Post by smsmith »

If you have any other extensions installed, try disabling them and see if the problem goes away. Then enable them one at a time until the problem returns. The last one enabled is probably the one causing the problem. Sometimes it's a combination of extensions, which is why I say probably. :D
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
haridsv

Post by haridsv »

I do have these other plugins:

Inverse SOGo connector: 3.104
.vcs support: 0.6.3.1
keyconfig: 20110323
Nostalgy: 0.2.26

I now forgot what the role of SOGo connector is, and what functionality will not work if I disabled it. However, I should certainly be able to disable the other 3, but I am pretty sure this issue was there before I installed any of them. I can certainly try with them disabled.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I'm suspicious about the vcs support extension because it ties into Lightning.

What type of calendar are you having problems with? Is it an iCal? One of these VCS calendars? Or is it a default Lightning type?

Here's something I found on the SOGo connector:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/sogo-connector

After reading a little bit about it, that one could be the problem as well.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
haridsv

Post by haridsv »

I have tried disabling the plugins one after the other (and restarting thunderbird in between) and found that disabling "Inverse SOGo Connector" fixed this issue. I think I installed it to sync exchange addressbook, which is not a huge feature that I am going to miss. It seems like I can continue to add contacts to the local addressbook and whenever synchronize on a need basis (i.e., by temporarily enabling the plugin). Thanks for guiding me to troubleshoot, it is a big relief, especially that I had to rely on outlook running in a windows VM for opening meeting details.

The calendar is hosted on an Exchange server and I am accessing it via DavMail proxy, which sits on top of the outlook webmail. Is that what you were asking?
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

haridsv wrote:The calendar is hosted on an Exchange server and I am accessing it via DavMail proxy, which sits on top of the outlook webmail. Is that what you were asking?

More or less, yes.

It's great to hear you've got your problem sorted out. :D