Context menu jumps, blinking and flashing when right-click.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
fynstee

Context menu jumps, blinking and flashing when right-click.

Post by fynstee »

I've encountered a weird context menu glitch & so far not turned up much when I've tried to search about it.

When right-clicking on links near the bottom of the firefox screen the whole context menu jumps to the bottom right over and over again, looks a bit like it's kinda blinking & flashing:-

After I move the pointer elsewhere the context menu opens normally but either with a large blank space (most commonly) or sometimes with scrolling arrows at the top and bottom of a reduced length menu.

I think in my case it is due to Menu Editor 1.2.7 and has only occured since upgrading to firefox 4. For the time being it has not reoccurred with Menu Editor disabled. I'm interested to see if anyone else has run into the same problem.
vasa1

Re: Context menu jumps, blinking and flashing when right-cli

Post by vasa1 »

I don't use Menu Editor but I've reduced the number of options in the right-click menu. What I notice is that when I right-click, the whole unreduced menu appears very briefly before the menu with the reduced options kicks in.
fynstee

Post by fynstee »

Anyone know how to disable the reduced size menu thingie?
OldProfessorBear

Post by OldProfessorBear »

I'm having this too, since upgrading to FF4. It's mostly just annoying as heck, but, still ...

I also have two additional issues with the main context menu: even though there is plenty of screen space, it sometimes appears with the top and bottom scrolling arrows, completely unnecessary, and of course at least one menu item is thus hidden. Sometimes the scroll arrows work a bit erratically. Secondly, when I move the mouse up and down over the menu choices, sometimes a whole bunch of highlight bars appear, making it impossible to read the choices. This is even more annoying than the first problem, actually.

I will try disabling the menu editor and see if that helps - but then how do I edit the menus?
fynstee

Post by fynstee »

Old thread but thought I'd post what seemed to fix this for me.

I disabled hardware acceleration (Tools> Preferences> Advanced> Browsing> untick Use hardware acceleration when available)

Then restarted browser and the blinking menu problem was gone. I then re-enabled hardware acceleration and restarted the browser to see if the problem reoccurred. It did not. All seems to be fine