Problem with Babylon 7 after upgrade to Firefox 4

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
wimyogya

Problem with Babylon 7 after upgrade to Firefox 4

Post by wimyogya »

Anyone with Babylon (version 7 or other) experiencing the same trouble as I have, after upgrading to Firefox 4?
Under Babylon I use the middle mouse to select a word I want to get translated. But since FF4 that does not select anything anymore.
Also when I change Babylon's configuration (e.g. use the right mouse click to select a word) nothing is selected.
In other applications (word, outlook etc) the Babylon selection works as usual, so FF4 must have a compatibility problem.
Anyone having same trouble?
Any solution?
WimYogya
Wim (1944)
Dutchman in Yogyakarta/Indonesia
BurnOmania

Re: Problem with Babylon 7 after upgrade to Firefox 4

Post by BurnOmania »

same here :(
FF4 + Babylon 8
kfpoleyordestor from

Post by kfpoleyordestor from »

...I experience the very same problems!.. no solution yet ???
wimyogya

Post by wimyogya »

I informed Babylon and asked them to repair or at least contact Mozilla to work together and solve the problem. Will inform you here if I get a reply. In the meantime: if others have the same trouble, post it here.
WimYogya
Wim (1944)
Carl Dutch

Post by Carl Dutch »

I have the same problem.
Babylon 8 is not compatible with Fireox 4
rubenboc

Post by rubenboc »

same problem. babylon 7.
wimyogya

Post by wimyogya »

Babylon Support earlier informed me that at this moment they do not support IE9, Chrome 10beta and Firefox 4. They recommend temporary browser downgrade.
Later I got the answers to my additional questions:
1) Our developing department is already working to make Babylon 9 compatible with IE9, Chrome 10 and Firefox 4, and it should take about 3-4 weeks.
2) Babylon Company is making the adaptations.
3) Only users of Babylon 9 and users who purchased Babylon 8 in grace period, from the 1st of December of 2010, will be eligible to get the update.
Seems my Babylon 7 becomes pretty useless :(
WimYogya
Wim (1944)
Jingawee

Post by Jingawee »

I've the same problem. Was a reason I didn't use Google's browser.
Now I have to go back to Internet Explorer.
wimyogya

Post by wimyogya »

As said before: Babylon is updating its application for ALL the newest browser versions.
In a few weeks the update will only be available for license holders with the most recent Babylon versions.
I consider that not correct and am involved in a tough email discussion about a fair update price for people who have older versions.
But they don't make deals with groups. So, do as me: try your individual luck: support @ babylon.com.
You can refer to this thread.
WimYogya
Wim (1944)

Post by Guest »

wimyogya wrote:As said before: Babylon is updating its application for ALL the newest browser versions.
In a few weeks the update will only be available for license holders with the most recent Babylon versions.
I consider that not correct and am involved in a tough email discussion about a fair update price for people who have older versions.
But they don't make deals with groups. So, do as me: try your individual luck: support @ babylon.com.
You can refer to this thread.

Use the latest one with crack. The same way I have been doing for several years.
cw2k

'my' Babylon 8 client

Post by cw2k »

Well that version still has problems with FF4. As the current version Babylon9.0.2.2.

Anyway for ppl who don't like the idea of sharing, may probably like it.

Tuning up Babylon Translator 8
After using whole the time 'my' bablyon 5 client - that after the whole years of working got somehow blocked by that embedded 'content updates.
I had a 'review' on this useful piece of software.

So I DL the latest Babylon 8.1.0.16 an made it even more user friendly. Tongue

Babylon81_cw2k.exe 3,03 MB
http //www.sendspace.com/ file/734l26
It's a SFX-7z archive. Drag this exe into Winrar or 7z to open it.
In the Dir Add\ are notes and tools I made for customizing it.

Or just run it to install it.
kccwxw

Post by kccwxw »

Any news about this problem?

Post by Guest »

Hello everybody,

I ve been wating for a Babylon version being compatible with Firefox 4 for the last 2 months now. I dont have the faintest idea about what s inciting Babylon in this matter but I want to let them know: THIS IS A COMPLETE JOKE! Firefox is a widely spread browser and you guys are doing nothing to keep your clients! You cant be serious with your slow coach reaction to technological developments. For my part I am fed up to the back teeth and switched to Lingoes tranlator software now. Guys, are you being paid by Microsoft or what is the matter??

Cheers and bye
wimyogya

Post by wimyogya »

Never heard about Lingoes (my fault, I guess...) and seeing their site I think it's at least worth to give it a try.
Anyone any experience with Lingoes?
How do Babylon/Lingoes compare, in terms of flexibility, available (free) dictionaries, features?
Thanks for info.
WimYogya
Wim (1944)
masoudzp

Post by masoudzp »

I finally found the solution. This problem is a problem also with Google Chrome.

the solve for this problem is disable ClearType feature from your windows , that would solve this problem and now Babylon will be able to read the words from Google chrome but sadly you will have to sacrifice with some fonts smooth.

to solve this problem in windows XP :

Go to : Click right mouse button > Desktop Properties > Appearance > Effects > ClearType > Disable it by uncheck the box

To solve this problem in windows 7 :

Go To : Click right mouse button > Personalization > Display > Adjust ClearType text > From The popup window uncheck Turn on ClearType Box and click next to adjust your fonts appears .

Read more: http://tips-box.blogspot.com/2010/02/ho ... z1LVgrQ7Jo