[Ext] Download Manager Tweak extension

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Rocketman-DE

New feature

Post by Rocketman-DE »

I love this app, however I'd like to have the option to have a sound played when the notification window pops up (lower right hand corner) after completed download. Also I'd like to customise the time this window is displayed.

Keep up the good work!
Andy L

Post by Andy L »

I've got the Download Manager set to open in a tab and to automatically close when downloads have completed, but the tab won't close automatically. Is this a bug? I'm running FF 1.0 with the latest version of TBE. Thanks for your work on this great plugin!
mimeryme

Post by mimeryme »

Does anyone know how I can change the icon size shown when the downloads are shown on the sidebar? I'd like them to be 16x16.
goa103

Post by goa103 »

Someone mentionned this extension in the Queue in Download Manager topic, I can't understand why as nothing in its description mention anything about queueing downloads. What am I missing ?
swampster

Problem With Tab View

Post by swampster »

Using version 0.6.3 in the tab view, no progress information is being displayed, the status bar doesn't progress, and the status info (ie download size/speed etc) doesn't appear. It all works fine in the window view, and the progress bar works fine in the sidebar view, any ideas?

Also a suggestion, already been mentioned I think, is the option to view the same progress info (size/speed/time etc) that is available in the dowload window/tab from within the sidebar view would be great :)

Apart from these couple of "niggles", an otherwise great extension, that I recommend to everyone that uses Firefox!
fR0z3n-alaskan

Post by fR0z3n-alaskan »

andman42

any way possible to hack the code to do mirror searches for downloads as well as multiple download feeds such as the way Download Accelerator Plus does?
fR0z3n-@l@sk@n
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."-Arthur C. Clarke "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."-Robert Frost
Hobbsee

Post by Hobbsee »

couple of requests for the download tweak extension:

An "open folder" button that actually works - seems to be greyed out all the time when i use this extension

You click to download something (load in the background is enabled), and so the extension comes into the foreground, which is rather annoying....

If these could be fixed, that'd be great!
mimeryme

Post by mimeryme »

How can I edit the icon size of the icon on the download manager as a sidebar? I don't think it's quite 16*16 and it doesn't look so good.
Nitin

Post by Nitin »

-> Extensions
If you're not using Firefox, you're not surfing the web, you're suffering it.
Join the MZ folding@home team.
mb_moz

Launch button missing....

Post by mb_moz »

Running FireFox 1.0 and on another computer 1.0.1
Windows XP
Download Manager Tweak extension 0.6.4

Whenever I download files they show up in the download manager correctly. But, as soon as they are completed, they are removed from the window. Its like they disappeared. But, I have the download directory set to: My Downloads which is a directory in My Documents/My Downloads. The files do exist in this directory, but they no longer exist within the Download Manager windows. This stops me from installing / opening the files just downloaded unless I go out the Explorer to access them.

On my other system running 2000 it works perfectly.

I always download into this directory,
I do not close download manager when downloads are complete
I have enabled the Launch window whic I would love to be able to use.

Any ideas?
Michael
Soothsayer

Post by Soothsayer »

Whenever I download files they show up in the download manager correctly. But, as soon as they are completed, they are removed from the window. Its like they disappeared. But, I have the download directory set to: My Downloads which is a directory in My Documents/My Downloads. The files do exist in this directory, but they no longer exist within the Download Manager windows. This stops me from installing / opening the files just downloaded unless I go out the Explorer to access them.

This is one of the privacy, settings.

To change in the old prefs window (I have not yet installed a build with the new one), do the following
  • Select, Tools, then Options.
  • On the Privacy tab, select download manager history
  • Change the action as desired.

Though I have not yet used the new prefs window, I believe the actions are similar.
Morac

Post by Morac »

I have a suggestion for whenever you update this extension again.

With this extension installed in Firefox 1.0.1, when I go to the Downloads
Options screen the "Download Manager Tweak"
box appears on the bottom and the old "Download Manager" appears the 2nd from
the top, but is disabled.

Why not simply hide the "Download Manager" box and replace it with the
"Download Manager Tweak" box?
It is very simple to do. In the options.js file:

Replace the first two lines (the ones that disable the two check boxes) with
the following two lines:

document.getElementById("closeWhenDone").parentNode.setAttribute("collapsed",
true);

document.getElementById("closeWhenDone").parentNode.parentNode.insertBefore(document.getElementById("closeWhenDone").parentNode.parentNode.lastChild,
document.getElementById("closeWhenDone").parentNode.nextSibling);

The first line will hide the "Download Manager" group box. And the second will
put the new group box in its place.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Please fix this extension to work better with Firefox 1.1. Thanks
StoneCold

Post by StoneCold »

andman42, I love your extension, well done. Keep on your good work.

Maybe one little bug, sorry, if this is a known issue, but I'm to lazzy to read all 19 pages of this thread. :)

If the downloadmanager is closed and you click the link in the notification popup, wich shows, that all downloads are finnished then the downloadmanager always opens in a window, not in a tab or in the sidebar.
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

Crikey, 19 pages long...

I haven't read through all of them so sorry if it's been asked before, but it would be nice to see a total time taken to download a given file after it has finished downloading.

Or somewhere along the lines of '[File Size] downloaded in [Total Download Time]'.

StoneCold wrote:If the downloadmanager is closed and you click the link in the notification popup, wich shows, that all downloads are finnished then the downloadmanager always opens in a window, not in a tab or in the sidebar.

I've noticed this too... been around for a while.

Anyway, thanks for a great extension. ;)
Stop IE - Click Here -- Browse Happy - Click Here

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050717 Firefox/1.0.6, Windows XP Professional SP2