Using Mozilla profile in Phoenix?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
PovRayMan

Using Mozilla profile in Phoenix?

Post by PovRayMan »

Greetings all,

Before coming to the decision of starting this thread, I did search around but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so apologies in advance if this is a repost of some sort..

What it is I'm wanting to do is switch from Mozilla 1.2 to Phoenix 0.4 but rather than recreate all my settings/bookmarks I was wondering if it is possible to take/convert/whatever my Mozilla profile and have Phoenix use them. Resetting up everything would be time-consuming and painstaking and I'm looking for the easy way out here :D

I've used Phoenix briefly and enjoyed it greatly, but what keeps me on Mozilla is the fact I use the email client and all my settings for pages and things are there. I can settle for running "Mozilla.exe -Mail" for when I need to check message, but I want to switch completely to Phoenix for browsing, but I absolutly need the settings (Bookmarks, quicklink bookmarks, etc)

Thanks guys :)
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

At the moment it's not even guaranteed that you can reuse the files from a previous profile when you're upgrading Phoenix, so you'd simply have to try it. Personally I always take over at least my bookmarks and cookies (which were originally from Mozilla) without any problems until now (a way that should always work is to export the bookmarks from the old profile and importing them to the new). History also worked most of the time. On the other hand some of Mozilla's files will be useless with Phoenix (like captured form data for example). But if you encounter any problems, be sure to check with a new, clean profile that they are not due to changes in the profile itself before filing bugs.
alanjstr

Re: Using Mozilla profile in Phoenix?

Post by alanjstr »

PovRayMan wrote:Greetings all,

Before coming to the decision of starting this thread, I did search around but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so apologies in advance if this is a repost of some sort..

What it is I'm wanting to do is switch from Mozilla 1.2 to Phoenix 0.4 but rather than recreate all my settings/bookmarks I was wondering if it is possible to take/convert/whatever my Mozilla profile and have Phoenix use them. Resetting up everything would be time-consuming and painstaking and I'm looking for the easy way out here :D

I've used Phoenix briefly and enjoyed it greatly, but what keeps me on Mozilla is the fact I use the email client and all my settings for pages and things are there. I can settle for running "Mozilla.exe -Mail" for when I need to check message, but I want to switch completely to Phoenix for browsing, but I absolutly need the settings (Bookmarks, quicklink bookmarks, etc)

Thanks guys :)

Be warned that there have been reported issues of trying to launch Mozilla while Phoenix is open, and vice versa.