Add-ons Manager Hilite [Thunderbird & Legacy]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
rob64rock

Re: [Ext] Add-ons Manager Hilite [Firefox 4]

Post by rob64rock »

Addons Manager Hilite 0.8.0 stopped working on and after Nightly 6.0a1 build:

May 21st Win32 build ID: 20110521030612
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/21c304c5f351

Tested on fresh profile and new install.

Probably caused by #595848 [Toolkit:Add-ons Manager]-Support registering custom add-on types that appear in the UI as a regular list [All]

Still works on Aurora 5.0a2 build:

May 21st Win32 build ID: 20110521042002
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla- ... 36feacd914
custom.firefox.lady

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

Thanks for the report! Caused by an id being changed from 'category-extensions' to 'category-extension' in the bug # you mention.
Updated version available at:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

custom.firefox.lady wrote:Thanks for the report! Caused by an id being changed from 'category-extensions' to 'category-extension' in the bug # you mention.
Updated version available at:

Version AOM Hilite 0.8.1rc fixed the Visual UI problems in the AOM for Nightly Build on and after 05-21-2011, but apparently the extensions "about:config" preference "extensions.addonsmgrhilte@cfl.alphaSort" set to "true" isn't no longer working either, tested on Win32 Nightly build 6.0a1 05-21-2011 and Win32 Nightly build 7.0a1 05-25-2011.
custom.firefox.lady

Actually 0.8.1rc is rather buggy otherwise as well. I missed some of the references to 'category-extensions', sorry. Did an actual 'Find' this time; hope 0.8.2rc is ok. (Available from same location; I deleted 0.8.1rc.) Thanks for your patience.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

custom.firefox.lady wrote:Actually 0.8.1rc is rather buggy otherwise as well. I missed some of the references to 'category-extensions', sorry. Did an actual 'Find' this time; hope 0.8.2rc is ok. (Available from same location; I deleted 0.8.1rc.) Thanks for your patience.

Tested version Add-on's Manager Hilite 0.8.2rc on:
Firefox 4.0.1
Firefox 5.0b2
Firefox(Aurora) 6.0a2
Firefox(Nightly) 7.0a1
And found no problems to mention, it would probably be safe to change it's max-compatibility to Firefox 6.0a2 or 7.0a1 on the AMO site.

Thanks again for the quick update fix and the great work on maintaining Add-on's Manager Hilite extension.
Nick222

Post by Nick222 »

But why it is not work under Thunderbird? :(
custom.firefox.lady

Good question! Basically just because I've not used Thunderbird in years (wow, it sure has changed since then) and didn't think to add the few extra lines of code to support it. I'll post a link to a modified version here including that code, likely within a few days. I haven't time to test it much, but since Thunderbird uses the same Add-ons Manager code as Firefox, it will hopefully just work. Thanks for asking.
custom.firefox.lady

Here's that promised link to a modified version including the required bits to support use with Thunderbird:
http://www.shadetreeapiary.com/extensio ... _Tbird.xpi
Should work fine, but if you find any issues, please report them. I'll also include Thunderbird support in the next version submitted to amo, though that may be awhile.
Nick222

Post by Nick222 »

It seems, it is work good! :) Thank You!
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Add-on Compatibility Bug to report:

[Ext] Is It Compatible? 0.5.1 has an Add-on Compatibility Bug with [Ext] Addons Manager Hilite 0.8.3

With both extensions enabled [Ext] Is It Compatible? 0.5.1 only shows the min and max versions info for extensions in the AOM for a brief second then it disappears, but if I disable [Ext] Add-ons Manager Hilite 0.8.3 the [Ext] ITC? 0.5.1 works has intended...

Note: I emailed [Ext] ITC? 0.5.1 Add-on developer with the problem and I also tested with latest Win32 Fx(Aurora) 8.0a2 and Fx(Nightly) 9.0a1.
custom.firefox.lady

Thanks for the report. This appears to be related to the hidden alphabetical sort option. Please try resetting

Code: Select all

extensions.addonsmgrhilte@cfl.alphaSort
(in about:config) to false until one of us can provide a fix. That way you should have at least the basic functionality of both extensions.
eternicode

Post by eternicode »

custom.firefox.lady wrote:This appears to be related to the hidden alphabetical sort option.

rob64rock, thanks for this bug report! IIC 0.5.2 has been submitted and fixes this bug.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

custom.firefox.lady,

This is a feature request:

Can you provide a UI option or about:config preference if it's easier, to show extensions version numbers when viewing Add-on's Manager Hilite extension drop down list? [Ext] Extension Options Menu has such an option. I have lost count of how many times I have just gone to the AOM to see what an extension's version # is, it would be faster and easier to use Add-on's Manager Hilite extension drop down list to see extensions version numbers, rather than having to scroll down through AOM add-on list.
custom.firefox.lady

rob64rock,
IIUC, Extension Options Menu is used from a toolbar or menu, not from the Add-on's Manager. Once you open Add-on's Manager and find the extension in AoM Hilite's dropdown list, all that's required to find the version number is clicking that item. So I don't see how having the number directly in the list would be much quicker. If you're keyboard-oriented, you can use autocomplete to get there even faster in the new 1.0beta version. But if you still think your rfe would be helpful, I'll consider it as a possible future addition.
custom.firefox.lady

Announcing new beta version: 1.0b1 (major update)

Changes from version 0.8.3:
* Added support for Appearance (themes) and Plugins panels
* Added support for Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
* Changed behavior of 'add-on list' dropdown; now displays selected item in detailed view, and features autocomplete of typed text entry (Items in dropdown get filtered to those which match entered text; click on item in list at any time or press <enter> once list displays only one entry.)
* Added fix for Bug 616440 (to aid scrolling in detailed view and avoid triggering issues in Addons Manager Hilite)
* Replaced the hilite (arrow) button with inline options - choose desired behavior and it happens automatically
* Added option to choose whether to use/display the add-on list dropdown
* Alphabetical-only sort now a (visible rather than hidden) option
* Define event handlers using addEventListener instead of setAttribute (AMO validator recommendation)
* Added locale folder (to enable possible future translations)
* Added custom icon
* Drop support for Firefox versions prior to 7 (due to use of inline options)

Feedback wanted on the new UI, as well as any bug reports. Be sure to turn on the autocomplete dropdown UI option for testing. Thanks.

Download (and further notes):