startup without reloading tabs?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
deleyd

startup without reloading tabs?

Post by deleyd »

Is there a command line option that tells Firefox to start but don't reload those tabs that were saved when I last exited, just start a plain new session?
GTryder

Re: startup without reloading tabs?

Post by GTryder »

If you were to go to:
Tools > Options > General > Startup > "When Firefox starts:" >> the drop-down menu contains several options; one being "Show a blank page".

You may also wish to check out Session Manager.
Ab subabsurda numquid ad veritas. "From the somewhat absurd possibility to reality."
deleyd

Post by deleyd »

No my problem is one time Firefox opened a website which started a bunch of pop-ups, I had to kill firefox.exe, but when I went to restart Firefox, it insisted on reloading the website which caused the problem, causing the problem all over again. I wanted to know how to start Firefox and tell it not to reload any websites, just start fresh.

GTryder wrote:If you were to go to:
Tools > Options > General > Startup > "When Firefox starts:" >> the drop-down menu contains several options; one being "Show a blank page".

You may also wish to check out Session Manager.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

With Firefox closed, navigate to the profile folder and locate the file sessionstore.js. Rename that file sessionstorejs.old and then restart Firefox. It should start with only your defined home page.
nobodyreally

Post by nobodyreally »

Try restarting in safe mode

From a command line:
firefox -safe-mode