Need testers for Lightning 1.0b4

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Philip Chee

Need testers for Lightning 1.0b4

Post by Philip Chee »

Hi!

SeaMonkey 2.1 is almost out of the gate. We need to make sure that the Lightning version targetting SM 2.1 works well with it. So I need volunteers to smoke test Lightning 1.04b on SeaMonkey 2.1

Lightning 1.0b4pre builds are here:
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/nightly/latest-comm-miramar/
SeaMonkey 2.1pre builds are here:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/latest-comm-2.0/

Lightning will integrate into the MailNews window and you can open new Calendar and Task tabs via the mini buttons in the tabbar.

Phil
WaltS48

Re: Need testers for Lightning 1.0b4

Post by WaltS48 »

Seems Lightning 1.0b4pre has broken my UA, preventing me from using Yahoo! Mail Beta. When Lightning is disabled Yahoo! Mail Beta loads normally.

I suspected Lightning because I noticed my posts on the MozillaZine forums only showed Lightning 1.04bpre as my UA instead of the full build string.

I just installed the latest nightly and the results are the same. Also created a test profile without Lightning and Yahoo! Mail Beta worked. Installed Lightning 1.0b4pre and Yahoo! Mail Beta was disabled again.

Just to be sure I even downloaded and re-installed SM 2.1 RC1. Lightning is disabled on this post.

WLS
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

WLS wrote:Seems Lightning 1.0b4pre has broken my UA, preventing me from using Yahoo! Mail Beta. When Lightning is disabled Yahoo! Mail Beta loads normally.

I suspected Lightning because I noticed my posts on the MozillaZine forums only showed Lightning 1.04bpre as my UA instead of the full build string.

I just installed the latest nightly and the results are the same. Also created a test profile without Lightning and Yahoo! Mail Beta worked. Installed Lightning 1.0b4pre and Yahoo! Mail Beta was disabled again.

Just to be sure I even downloaded and re-installed SM 2.1 RC1. Lightning is disabled on this post.

WLS

Bug 660522 - Lightning completely replaces the Thunderbird/SeaMonkey user agent in the protocol headers

Reported in the "Need testers for Lightning 1.0b4" thread in mozilla.support.seamonkey.

Phil
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Anyone know if this above has been cured for the release version today?

I can't upgrade til I'm sure lightning will work.

I am testing 2.1 on a separate computer, and the link above will not install for me in 2.1.

Does anyone have a link for a version of Lighting that is compatible with 2.1??
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Since resolved - all OK see here

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2224865