Recurring Tasks do not repeat

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
nsridhar

Recurring Tasks do not repeat

Post by nsridhar »

Hi,

I am using the calendar with TB. When is create a task which is recurring type for e.g. payment of bill to recur every month, i find that the task appears only once and does not recur.

After the task is completed and i mark the task as completed for the current task, then it is shown as completed. A new task for next month does not get created automatically.

Can somebody guide me, if I have gone wrong somewhere.

Regards

N. Sridhar
nsridhar

Post by nsridhar »

Hi,

If i create the task as an event with recurrence, it repeats itself and shows up in the calendar (every month on specified date). I am surprised that this is happening only for events and not for tasks. Is this the normal behaviour with Calendar? If so then why is the option of recurrence provided for tasks?

Regards

N. Sridhar
rgraeter

I have the same issue

Post by rgraeter »

It is not just you - I cannot get tasks to repeat either.

I have banished MicroSquish's Outlook once and for all with the FF/TB/SB combo - so I would really like to get the task repeater working as I rely heavily on it. HELP!
rgraeter

Post by rgraeter »

Drats! I found the below on another post. I guess this bug has yet to be squished!

The repeating tasks feature is not mature yet and the bug is still open: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=155889