Integration With Web Mail

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
bdeonline

Integration With Web Mail

Post by bdeonline »

Since Phoenix doesn’t have email program other than using your default mail client. Why not have it integrate with Web Mail. Such as Hotmail, Netscape Mail, Yahoo Mail, ect. So when I click on a email button it sends me to my Web Mail.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

If you use the Personal toolbar, I think that's kind of the links it was intended to have in it, no? Pretty much as good as a button, and doesn't need a tweak for every theme.

- Chris
bdeonline

Post by bdeonline »

I don't think that is what I am saying, I mean when I press a
<a href="mailto:whatever.netscape.net">Email Me</a> or to a web form. It opens the compose page of Hotmail, Netscape, or Yahoo Mail automatically
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

ahhh. Forgot about that. That's a windows-specific bit of code in Internet Options which is meant to assign the default handlers for things, isn't it - and it happens to have Hotmail as an option. As a test, have you tried setting the handler to Hotmail and then clicking a mailto link?

- Chris
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

Why don't you just set your homepage to hotmail "compose" and stay logged in unless you log out. Your Home button will direct to hotmail or wherever your mail is.