Emptied History

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Emptied History

Post by Guest »

Hi,

is there any known bug that Firefox 1 occasionally loses its history? So far it happened twice that my address bar as well the history bar were suddenly empty (except for sites I visited in the last minutes).

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

Someone?

Post by Guest »

i also want to ask about this question:

is there a way that when the history is automatically cleared by the number of days to keep history, that the addresses in the location bar stay? cos i set my history to clear in 1day, but everytime i have to keep keying in my favourite sites into the location bar.

i would really like the typed history to stay and just the visited sites in history to be cleared by the number of days to keep counter.

thanks alot
Jay Garcia

Post by Jay Garcia »

Strength in numbers ... :-)

"me too"

Happened for the very first time just a few mins ago. Exited normally, returned and URL drop-down history was gone and in the GO -> History, only "today" was there.
Jay Garcia - Netscape - Mozilla Champion
http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
http://www.UFAQ.org

Post by Guest »

It just happened once again. Cant really tell a pattern, however it might have to do something with trying to delete an individual drop-down list item (Shift+DEL), but this is just a guess.

Does anyone have an explanation for that? Thanks!

Post by Guest »

Some kind of answer would be nice .... at least something like a "p*** off, we dont care" ;)
KILLYOUALL

Post by KILLYOUALL »

p*** off, we dont care... or ok ok we do care but i cant help you.

just check out how many ppl have read you thread (~ 100)

maybe http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/ --> Bookmark Backup
will solve your problems?

Post by Guest »

Thanks for replying, its a start ;)

Also thanks for the link, but its not my bookmarks which are affected, but actually the history as well as the entered urls. I am running a regular Firefox setup with most values being still default (especially the history related ones) and only three extension ("View Cookies", "Nuke Anything" and "Download Manager Tweak" - but the problem already existing before installing ANY extension). Since it seems Jay Garcia experiences the same problem, I would guess it could be an actual bug.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Since it seems Jay Garcia experiences the same problem, I would guess it could be an actual bug.

Beside, I am not doing anything which should provoke it :D
venkat_jeet

Post by venkat_jeet »

how can i clear the history ????

Post by Guest »

venkat_jeet wrote:how can i clear the history ????

Tools-Options-Privacy

Post by Guest »

I have a hard time to believe that I shall be (beside Jay Garcia) the only one who experiences that. It happend again twice in the last four days. My complete history as well the recently visited addresses suddenly vanished.

No one else noticed that in the meantime?

Post by Guest »

Well, I think I will give up on this forum, as this kind of support is unfortunately rather frustrating. This issue just happened again (I closed Firefox and when I reopened it everything was gone again), but either I am the only one who experiences that or nobody else cares.
guest#2

Post by guest#2 »

patience, ....

As someone posted, to limit the number of days your history is kept go to

Tools->Options->Privacy

see the top entry, type in any number you want from 0 to 99 I guess. 0 saves nothing.

To clear it, click clear.

Post by Guest »

guest#2 wrote:patience, ....

As someone posted, to limit the number of days your history is kept go to

Tools->Options->Privacy

see the top entry, type in any number you want from 0 to 99 I guess. 0 saves nothing.

To clear it, click clear.

Thanks for the response, but I am sorry, but does anybody read my postings at all? I dont want to limit anything, I am talking about a potential error in the application. Furthermore I am used to Netscape's configuration since Netscape 4, so I know where to set these values (btw, this "someone" was me ;)). My history setting is still the default of 9 days.