An unknown error occurred while printing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Dale Sherman

An unknown error occurred while printing

Post by Dale Sherman »

I can no longer print from Firefox, version 1.5.0.3. An error message pops up, "An unknown error occurred while printing." I updated the driver for my USB HP 1012 laser printer which is connected to a Dell 2350 running XP Home SP2, rebooted, still no luck. Same results with print preview.

Tried wading through the morass of printing problems others have listed, but didn't find a close match.

Print function works fine in IE 6.0 and other programs.

Any clues as to how to fix it?

Thanks.

Post by Guest »

Exactly the same problem here - Firefox 1.5.0.3, XP Home Edition, no extensions, no themes, plain vanilla.

Re: An unknown error occurred while printing

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem as well but my printer works fine for everything else...I don't understand why?
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

You had to dig up a 2 1/2 year old thread to say "me too"?

Try the reset described here:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problems_printing_web_pages

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Guesting

Post by Guesting »

For me lol this error message actually came up because I did not have enough space on my hard disk to actually print. Even printing requires a small amount of memory to print a document. I know it's a stretch from the regular probabilities but even this could cause the error message to come up.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

You are replying to an elderly thread (2008). Locking. Please start a new thread fully describing the problem.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."