Can't run phoenix.exe- to create profle

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
tbird

Can't run phoenix.exe- to create profle

Post by tbird »

Can anybody help me? I try to open phoenix.exe per instructions but Windows XP asks what program created it. I've tried to browse for a program to open it. I checked to see if it's in my application data files and it's not there of course. Any help would be appreciated. I haven't launched the browser yet.
RAF

Post by RAF »

I'm not sure what you mean here...

If you go to the dir where you extracted the zip-file and go one folder down to Phoenix-directory, type:

Phoenix.exe -ProfileManager to start phoenix and create a profile.
ehume

Post by ehume »

Don't forget the quotes. Your shortcut must read something like: "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\phoenix\phoenix.exe" "-p" (this will open Phoenix in ProfileManager, as will the "-ProfileManager" flag). You will have to do the same thing in the Run dialog.

Don't forget that Phoenix is not a registered program. "Phoenix.exe" will not be findable by Windows unless you have the whole path in your command. If there are any spaces or if any directory has more than 8+3 characters, you will need quotes around the path.

Ed
djst

Post by djst »

ehume wrote:Don't forget the quotes. Your shortcut must read something like: "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\phoenix\phoenix.exe" "-p" (this will open Phoenix in ProfileManager, as will the "-ProfileManager" flag). You will have to do the same thing in the Run dialog.

Don't forget that Phoenix is not a registered program. "Phoenix.exe" will not be findable by Windows unless you have the whole path in your command. If there are any spaces or if any directory has more than 8+3 characters, you will need quotes around the path.

Ed

Just a small note: The quotes are not needed for the switch, e.g.

"C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\phoenix\phoenix.exe" -profilemanager