SeaMonkey 2.2

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
ElTxolo

SeaMonkey 2.2

Post by ElTxolo »

Last edited by ElTxolo on July 8th, 2011, 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240109 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240324 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
rsx11m

Re: SeaMonkey 2.2 ßeta 1

Post by rsx11m »

Yepp! =D> and even on time despite the hassle with the 2.1 release...
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

Nice! I can see great improvement in smooth scrolling with mouse wheel on slower computers.

Good to see opening messages from search results fixed and the new archive options added!

Apart from that I don't notice any changes. The animated gif CPU eating bug is still here.
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey
vladmir

Post by vladmir »

rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

The problem is that 2.2b1 (and all future betas, which are actually now what were the release candidates before) just identify themselves as "SeaMonkey/2.2" without "b1", thus look up the release notes for "2.2" (final) and consequently try to find the download page for the final version. That's the fun with the new rapid-release system...

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.2b1
vladmir

Post by vladmir »

The problem is in using templates for site this way.)
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Phil has filed a bug on our behalf and it appears that there is a fix already checked in:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=666644

(it yet needs to propagate, thus you won't see it corrected right away...)
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

I downloaded and installed SeaMonkey 2.2 B1 and decided to create a new profile from scratch so I could run it through that cycle. Everything went smoothly except you cannot move contacts around in your address book. I have several address books and export and import my personal address book. I was unable to move the contacts from my imported personal address book to the default personal address book. In fact, it turned out I could not relocate any contacts - I get the "you cannot do this" circle with a slash symbol.

I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit installed on a Dell XPS 17 laptop. SM 2.1 did not have this issue and I am wondering if this is an isolated case or not. I will wait to hear back from anyone confirming or denying this issue before I delete my address book and try again. I believe I copied the "mab" file from my old profile into my new profile with the old being created under SM 2.1.

I feel this is an issue on my end only. I did do a clean install (e.g. delete 2.1, reboot, delete remaining files, install SM 2.2 B1). Otherwise, everything is working well. Thanks...
Never judge a day by the weather | The best things in life aren't things | Tell the truth - There is less to remember | No rain - No rainbows | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

UPDATE: I reinstalled SeaMonkey 2.1 and was unable to move contacts from one address book to another. I renamed the address book file and started up SM forcing the creation of new file. I re-imported my contacts from the LDIF backups and everything is working fine again.

Now that I had the address book working again, I deleted SM 2.1 and installed SM 2.2 and the problem returns - I am unable to move existing contacts from one address book category to another. Based on what I have seen this should not be unique to me and could be a possible bug in SM 2.2.

Thanks for your time...
Never judge a day by the weather | The best things in life aren't things | Tell the truth - There is less to remember | No rain - No rainbows | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
BillT52

Post by BillT52 »

SeaMonkey has always had a problem with moving names from 1 address book to another if a list was part of the selection being moved (I assume because a list is just a bunch of pointers to the actual name entries that may not exist in the new location). Could that have been your problem, or is there a real change in function?
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

BillT52 wrote:SeaMonkey has always had a problem with moving names from 1 address book to another if a list was part of the selection being moved (I assume because a list is just a bunch of pointers to the actual name entries that may not exist in the new location). Could that have been your problem, or is there a real change in function?

I personally have never experienced any issues with the SeaMonkey address book until now. All I can say is if I load my profile in SM 2.1, contacts are moved freely between address books. With SM 2.2, this functionality is unavailable. The one thing I have not done is load SM 2.2 in safe mode and see if it is an extension that is causing the problem. I find this odd, though, since 50% of my extensions are disabled with SM 2.1 (install.rdf max version issue) yet no issues are experienced with SM 2.1 with all extensions loaded.

I appreciate your thoughts and feedback and will report back if I discover it to be an extension.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

therube

Post by therube »

Beta 3 scheduled for Friday.
And if all goes well, a release on Monday evening.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

rsx11m wrote:SeaMonkey 2.2 beta 2 is out,

Great! But where can I find what has changed since beta 1? As far as I remember the SM official site always provided a list of changes since previous alpha/beta/RC or at least a link to the bugzilla search results where I could have a look at all resolved issues but now it's not there.
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey