Firefox problem "Save image as" window

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
robisbell

Post by robisbell »

well, to add to this. I wiped out firefox completely, removing all registry and folders for it, and reinstalled. I am still not able to choose a format for any images I want to save. I'm stumped and upset that wiping out everything firefox related did not fix this issue.
chickee_monkee

Post by chickee_monkee »

I am bumping this thread because I am having the identical problem. When I right click and choose save image as, I can no longer use the extension drop down menu and it just started happening after an auto update of some sort.
Very frustrated, I have un-installed and reinstalled program to no avail.
Can anyone help?
Guest10

Re: Firefox problem "Save image as" window

Post by Guest10 »

Has anyone found a solution for this? I recently reinstalled firefox, and now i'm having this problem.
User22

Post by User22 »

Aye, has someone found a solution?

Having this error too. Using Firefox 3.0.7.
Guest Ken

Post by Guest Ken »

bumping up this thread. i also encountered this problem saving images in Firefox (used to work until after removing a trojan):

right-click>"save image as">"filename" and "save as type" drop down menus not working!!!

as earlier posters mentioned, i can save image files but option to choose file type or a previously saved image name is unavailable. plus all the files are now displayed in the window, not just image files.

any assistance would be appreciated.
ItzFreedomKel

Post by ItzFreedomKel »

Hey everyone, up until a few minutes ago I've had the same problem. The save type as field would remain empty for jpgs. I've tried various things from reinstalling Firefox, using a new profile, deleting mimeTypes.rdf and everything. None of it worked. So, I started backtracking a bit. I discovered that my IE was not affected by this. Also, many image types such as .png and .gif are influenced by the Quicktime plugin. In the end, I discovered a simple fix. It only works if your condition fulfills the what I stated above.

1. Open Quicktime Player from your Start Menu.
2. Go to Edit>Preferences>Quicktime Preferences.
3. Go to Browser>MIME Settings.
4. Find .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg and .jp2. Check them all. Then hit Save.
5. ???
6. Enjoy.
James

Post by James »

That is nice. Locking as this thread is old now at almost four years.