TB5 Status Bar not working

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
adric

TB5 Status Bar not working

Post by adric »

Hi, I upgraded TB 3.1.11 to 5.0 and noticed that the status bar no longer shows anything when checking the sever for new mail (POP3). Also, there is no offline/online icon on the bottom left of the status bar. If I move to one of the folders all I see is Unread and Total counters. Also, when there is no network, I no longer see a Thunderbird pop-up like in the previous version. When I run -safe-mode without disabling anything the status bar works correctly. Anyone have an idea what the problem might be? Thanks ..
tanstaafl

Re: TB5 Status Bar not working

Post by tanstaafl »

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2248685&hilit=progress is another thread about the lack of progress when downloading in the status bar.

"When I run -safe-mode without disabling anything the status bar works correctly."

Safe mode disables all add-ons. It sounds like one of your add-ons (could be a theme) is causing your display problems. I suggest you disable all of the add-ons, and then enable them one by one to find the culprit.
adric

Post by adric »

Yes, safe-mode does disable everything, I misread the pop-up about disabling permanently and did not check any of those boxes.

The addon that breaks the Thunderbird 5 status bar is "Close Tab on ESC". I will see if the addon dev can fix this.

Thanks.
Leedsfan

Post by Leedsfan »

I have also discovered that the Mail Tweak Extension also breaks the status bar.
I use it to hide Local Folders but with it enabled the staus bar seems to get shifted to the left ie the Unread: and Total: that normally appear at the right are now on the left.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

another addon which breaks it is account colors
Archaeopteryx

Post by Archaeopteryx »

No Message Pane Sort By Mouse has the same problem, author has been mailed.
The problem basically affects (all?) extension which try to access Thunderbirds UI while being loaded without checking if Thunderbirds UI has already been loaded.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You can also install the add-on compatibility reporter add-on and use it to report that the add-on is incompatible. Mozilla provides a web site that the author can use to view any reports about their add-on.