Thunderbird 5.0 Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion) No message window

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ninjinka

Thunderbird 5.0 Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion) No message window

Post by ninjinka »

Hello!
i just upgraded and i got this problem:

If i click new message, reply, reply all or everything that will create new message i can find the new message window under the window menu but i can't open it (i suppose it's out of screen or too small to be seen)...

How can i reset new window size and position?
None2011

Re: Thunderbird 5.0 Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion) No message window

Post by None2011 »

I'm having the same problem. If you use the alt tab combination to move between apps, it will cause the new message window to become the focus when switching back to thunderbird. I'm also seeing other issues with the general rendering of the app.

I'm currently doing a new download and trying a new install to see if it resolves the problems. Not sure this is related but I think OS X Lion is using a different Java run time and/or path.
None2011

Post by None2011 »

Installing/replace the app seems to have resolved the issues on my end. Will update with any errors but initial use appears to be back to normal.
ninjinka

Post by ninjinka »

alt7tab doesn't work, i try reinstall...
ninjinka

Post by ninjinka »

reinstall too doesn't work... any other solution?

Post by Guest »

ninjinka wrote:reinstall too doesn't work... any other solution?

Similar issue here on OSX Lion. In my case seem to be related to dual-monitor. If I have Thunderbird on my secondary monitor, any new email or address book doesn't show (i can see it the Window menu but it's not visible or even selectable).

Now, if I move the Thunderbird main window to my primary monitor and hits "Write", I can see new email window coming up on the secondary monitor. I then close the application, restarted and it all works fine.

The problem persist though with the address book window.
Hope this helps some until we get a fix.

cheers
*P
ninjinka

Post by ninjinka »

I found a solution on another forum, the problem in my case is caused by the secondary monitor position, i had to reallign the monitor in the system setting and than the new message window appear!
Lee_Dailey
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy y'all,

lookee ...
Thunderbird 5.0 upgrade cannot create reply on mac os x

the 'fix' posted by ninjinka is the only known workaround as of now. there is a bug listed but i don't think anyone is working on it at this time.

take care,
lee
Kulnor

Post by Kulnor »

@ninjinka: could you clarify what you mean by "realign" the monitor? Don't see option in system preferences.
tks
*K

ninjinka wrote:I found a solution on another forum, the problem in my case is caused by the secondary monitor position, i had to reallign the monitor in the system setting and than the new message window appear!
Lee_Dailey
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy Kulnor,

move your 2ndary monitor to the other side of the primary one and then tell system setup where the 2nd one is now located. i don't have a mac, so i can't tell you HOW to tell the system that info, sorry.

take care,
lee

ps-
found something that may help here ...
http://macdevelopertips.com/system/mult ... ation.html
-lee