[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
makondo

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by makondo »

Chris,
#UpdateAddonButton[style="list-style-image: url('chrome://UpdateAddon/skin/updatesblue.png')"] didn't work. It still shows the default blue image. The loading and normal state do work with the same code. Any ideas? There's not much in DOMi or css. The only way i can change it now is if i switch images in the skin folder which, of course, is not ideal as i'll have to do this with every update.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

makondo wrote:Chris,
#UpdateAddonButton[style="list-style-image: url('chrome://UpdateAddon/skin/updatesblue.png')"] didn't work. It still shows the default blue image. The loading and normal state do work with the same code. Any ideas? There's not much in DOMi or css. The only way i can change it now is if i switch images in the skin folder which, of course, is not ideal as i'll have to do this with every update.

It's the single quotes you have around the url. I gave it to you wrong before. It should be
#UpdateAddonButton[style="list-style-image: url(chrome://UpdateAddon/skin/updatesblue.png)"]

edit: It looks like I used single quotes in certain parts of the extension and not others. I may fix that when I release a new version. I'll try to let you know.
makondo

Post by makondo »

OK, i can stop scratching my head now, thanks!
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

edit: ignore this post. I confused the description for two of my add-ons.
Last edited by Chris000001 on August 1st, 2011, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makondo

Post by makondo »

I wonder why my updater is still at 1.3 ...
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

makondo wrote:I wonder why my updater is still at 1.3 ...

I confused my updates. Extension Options Updates 1.20 is waiting for release, which adds locales, changes from oncommand setattribute to addeventlistener and tries to simplify some of the code. When Addon Update Checker 1.7 is released, it will get rid of the single quotes in the image names. It may be a while before 1.7 is released. 1.5 superseded an unreviewed 1.4, but also has not been reviewed yet (no updates until reviewed.) I never released 1.6 and 1.7 is waiting for translations. I started to add 1.6 to addons.mozilla.org, but changed my mind. I deleted it and now 1.5 does not show up either. If it does not show up by tomorrow, I'll delete 1.5 and re add it if the localizations for 1.7 aren't done yet. If they are, I'll jump to 1.7, but either way, it'll still have to be preliminary reviewed and then 10 days later I can submit it for full release - it could be weeks.
makondo

Post by makondo »

Phew! No rush here, as usual. Was just wondering. ^ interesting reading, Chris, thanks! Image
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Why has the latest version of AUC on AMO reverted to 1.3? 1.5 has gone, kapoof, just like that?!!
Cheers,
Keith
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

keithy397 wrote:Why has the latest version of AUC on AMO reverted to 1.3? 1.5 has gone, kapoof, just like that?!!

Read two posts above... #-o
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Doh!
Cheers,
Keith
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

I waited so I could submit AUC for full review. I have now submitted it. Since that is done, I have also submitted version 1.7. Changes: DEFAULT SETTING CHANGED. No longer set to check for updates on start up - option still available. Added tooltip with add-on name and new version of updates. Fixed timer. It could run twice in the first time period in certain circumstances. New options dialog. Added locales. My guess is around two weeks before it shows up on the main page. You can get it by clicking on the Version 1.3 link at the bottom of the page.
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Perfick timing, thanks Chris.
Cheers,
Keith
makondo

Post by makondo »

Chris, what's the AUC folder ID? Clicking on each to find this ext. is a bit ... awkward.
Thanks for the update (even though i don't see any changes in 1.7. I mean this: 'New options dialog'. Looks the same to me)
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

makondo wrote:Chris, what's the AUC folder ID? Clicking on each to find this ext. is a bit ... awkward.
Thanks for the update (even though i don't see any changes in 1.7. I mean this: 'New options dialog'. Looks the same to me)

{891f0410-aaa2-11e0-9f1c-0800200c9a66}

The options dialog just has a slightly different layout and grouping of options.
makondo

Post by makondo »

Thanks!