Lost all session tabs after crash, how to restore?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
miwashi

Lost all session tabs after crash, how to restore?

Post by miwashi »

I lost all my firefox 6 session tabs after a crash and while I've found the most recent sessionstore.js, I can't figure out how to restore the tabs from it. Do I drag the file into the firefox window? It doesn't work. My file is 3 mb long so parsing out all the stuff will take too long.. there seem to be so many duplicate URLs in each tab too.
dfoulkes

Re: Lost all session tabs after crash, how to restore?

Post by dfoulkes »

To be honest I don't know if this old thread will help with FF6.0 but you might want to take a look.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=622036&start=45
Also, I believe mentioned somewhere is this extension... you may want to review it...
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2324
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Save a copy of your file, just in case. Then restart Firefox. It will probably recover your session automatically.
miwashi

Post by miwashi »

thanks but it didn't. I think the file is corrupted. How can I view the file in a more viewable format to extract the urls? I looked at it and it seems like there are hundreds of URLs when I only had 10 tabs.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

You can save the entire profile if you want, and the entire cache. (They are in different locations.) Then you have absolutely nothing to lose by restarting Firefox, and you might find that one click solves the problem.