SeaMonkey 2.3.1 Released!

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
therube

Re: SeaMonkey 2.3.1 Released!

Post by therube »

And look for SeaMonkey 2.3.2 to be released, tomorrow, if all goes well.
The only change will be for a little chemspill, https://blog.mozilla.com/security/2011/08/29/fraudulent-google-com-certificate/.

(Oh, I see the certificate issue is also stickied here, Fraudulent SSL certificate can be used to impersonate Google. In any case it will be fixed with the 2.3.2 update. Suppose those still using 2.0.x would want to follow what it said to manually delete the certificate.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

Joe1962 wrote:Thanks jtek. I did actually try before I posted, but I was dragging by the toolbar "grippy". After your post, I realized I had to move the contents instead and then hide the Personal Toolbar.

Thank you for the feedback and I am glad I was of some assistance! :D

Yes, doing this requires grabbing the contents and dragging them to the new location. It can be confusing. I am glad you were able to do successfully do this and it can have a major impact on SM's screen real estate in a positive way!
Never judge a day by the weather | The best things in life aren't things | Tell the truth - There is less to remember | No rain - No rainbows | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Joe1962

Post by Joe1962 »

jtek wrote:... it can have a major impact on SM's screen real estate in a positive way!

Indeed it does!!!
SM (usually latest stable) on Linux Mint 19 x86_64.
CMonkeyBloke

Post by CMonkeyBloke »

Just updated to 2.3.2! Looking good so far. Oh ho ... just noticed my user string. I have had problems before with the updater on Win 7 64 bit.
CMonkeyBloke

Post by CMonkeyBloke »

Someone tell me that this is just a bug ...
CMonkeyBloke

Post by CMonkeyBloke »

Yeah, same on my notebook. Must be a bug.
therube

Post by therube »

It's just a bug, it's just a bug, SeaMonkey 2.3.2 >>> SeaMonkey 2.3.1 ???.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
CMonkeyBloke

Post by CMonkeyBloke »

therube wrote:It's just a bug, it's just a bug, SeaMonkey 2.3.2 >>> SeaMonkey 2.3.1 ???.

LOL! Thank god for that.
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

CMonkeyBloke wrote:LOL! Thank god for that.

Agreed - thankfully, I opted to check my e-mail first and was informed of this discussion saving me from looking like an idiot for a change. :D

Sounds like SM 2.3.3 will be out soon to correct this per review of the bug that was submitted about this.
Never judge a day by the weather | The best things in life aren't things | Tell the truth - There is less to remember | No rain - No rainbows | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CMonkeyBloke

Post by CMonkeyBloke »

jtek wrote:
CMonkeyBloke wrote:LOL! Thank god for that.

Agreed - thankfully, I opted to check my e-mail first and was informed of this discussion saving me from looking like an idiot for a change. :D

Oh, it's OK, I'm used to it by now! :oops:

jtek wrote:Sounds like SM 2.3.3 will be out soon to correct this per review of the bug that was submitted about this.

OK, thanks for the info.
CMonkeyBloke

Post by CMonkeyBloke »

Yay!
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

CMonkeyBloke wrote:Yay!

Yep, 2.3.3 released earlier this afternoon (well afternoon on my end). I must have checked the latest builds site too early as it said the Release folder had been updated today, but nothing new was in there. I saw your post, went back, and viola it was there along with 2.4b1. 8-)

Yes, I know I am using Firefox at the moment. I decided to resurrect my PDA with a new battery purchase and the only way I can sync the thing with my system is via Outlook or Thunderbird/Birdiesync. I have asked the Birdiesync developer for over a year to add SeaMonkey support with no replies. The developer did say he would look into it but never got back to me. I tried to ween myself off my PDA by getting smaller laptops but now I am using a 17 inch laptop because my aging eyes cannot see the small screens anymore. :lol:

Sad was the day when the browser only install of SM was removed. I understand why and I guess I can still use SM as a browser but I recall having issues getting SM and Thunderbird to sync (e.g. open TB for mail instead of SM when forwarding links, etc.).

It is painful to not be given a choice, or to not be able to use the browser you want because of limited developer support. Okay, time to stop whining and to install SM 2.3.3. SM has always performed better on all my systems, most of which have been laptops. And dang it, I like the integrated suite! =D>
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

jtek wrote:Sad was the day when the browser only install of SM was removed. I understand why and I guess I can still use SM as a browser but I recall having issues getting SM and Thunderbird to sync (e.g. open TB for mail instead of SM when forwarding links, etc.).

Wait a minute - is there not a way I can sync SM and TB profiles? I know I read about this before but never followed through. Woo hoo, this may be the solution I need. What I do not know is if I need to have TB be the primary profile or if SM can be the primary. I also need to see if the calendar will work, too. There has to be a way to make this work! :-k
CMonkeyBloke

Post by CMonkeyBloke »

jtek wrote:
CMonkeyBloke wrote:Yay!

Yep, 2.3.3 released earlier this afternoon (well afternoon on my end). I must have checked the latest builds site too early as it said the Release folder had been updated today, but nothing new was in there. I saw your post, went back, and viola it was there along with 2.4b1. 8-)

I think I'm around nine hours ahead of Pacific time, so it's difficult to tell.

jtek wrote:Yes, I know I am using Firefox at the moment. I decided to resurrect my PDA with a new battery purchase and the only way I can sync the thing with my system is via Outlook or Thunderbird/Birdiesync. I have asked the Birdiesync developer for over a year to add SeaMonkey support with no replies. The developer did say he would look into it but never got back to me. I tried to ween myself off my PDA by getting smaller laptops but now I am using a 17 inch laptop because my aging eyes cannot see the small screens anymore. :lol:

Speaking of failing eyesight, I would love a reader of some sort to be ported for SeaMonkey (& a Firefox-style add-on bar would be nice). Perhaps I will have to write a letter to Father Xmas ...

jtek wrote:Sad was the day when the browser only install of SM was removed. .

I always wondered about that.

jtek wrote:It is painful to not be given a choice, or to not be able to use the browser you want because of limited developer support. Okay, time to stop whining and to install SM 2.3.3. SM has always performed better on all my systems, most of which have been laptops. And dang it, I like the integrated suite! =D>

I've been using SM since the #1 series & apart from some page breaking issues in the past, I actually think it is getting better. 8-)
vladmir

Post by vladmir »

Why it is so difficult to write the same date on 2-3 pages? And what is the real date?

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news
September 7, 2011
SeaMonkey 2.4 Beta 1

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.4b1
Released September 6, 2011

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/
SeaMonkey 2.4 Beta 1
Released September 6, 2011