User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
aarti_tare

Re: Unusual Two Instances of Thunderbird

Post by aarti_tare »

Guest wrote:Thanks, this worked for me!
Marcollin

Post by Marcollin »

Found an easier cure: simply choose «file-close» to close one of the windows.
Orion940

Post by Orion940 »

Im running Ubuntu, MinimizedtoTray revived, the disabling and re-enabling that add on fixed it for me. Thanks..

O.
greatvanillasky

Post by greatvanillasky »

thnx for the tip. works fine! :D
AndrzejL

Post by AndrzejL »

Thanks guys.

I had the same problem with firetray addon on one of my machines under PCLinuxOS 2011.6...

Disabled addon. Restarted thunderbird. Closed extra windows. Re-enabled addon. Restarted thunderbird.

Now all is good.

Thanks again.

Andy
amomp3

Post by amomp3 »

Thanks !!!
jawarters

Post by jawarters »

I also had this behavior without the Minimize to Tray option. I found I could eliminate the 2nd window by clicking on the Minimize button in the upper right corner, locating the minimized Thunderbird window in the Windows (XP Pro) Task bar at the bottom of the screen, right clicking on it and selecting Close. On restart Thunderbird only had one window open.
fkrahe

Post by fkrahe »

Another thank you is never too much!
cybeRRunner

Post by cybeRRunner »

jivago_rey wrote:Hey I fixed it! In fact, there's only 1 instance of Thunderbird but two windows who try to proceed at the same time at startup.

I noticed there was 2x "MinimizeToTray Plus" icons in the taskbar. MinimizeToTray Plus doesn't exit the program so it is impossible to really get rid of that second window... Here's what I did ;

1. Disable "MinimizeToTray Plus" in menu "Tools/Add-Ons/"
2. Exit Thunderbird (Be sure that the process is not running)
3. Open Thunderbird (In my case, I had the same two windows problem the first time)
4. Now Thunderbird runs without the MinimizeToTray Plus add-on.
5. Close one of the window.
6. Re-enable your "MinimizeToTray Plus" add-on
7. Exit and restart

Voilà!

Somewhere in the registry I guess, the software remembered it has two Windows and MinimizeToTray Plus prevented me (the user) to close one of these. Hope it will work for you guys.

You saved my day :D

I like the addon very much, it saves precious taskbar space hijacking thunderbird's icon to the system tray: when I got the "2 windows" problem I suspected it was something related to the addon, but it would have been a shame if I had to remove the feature just to get back the 1 window normal behaviour.

Thanks for the solution, mucho appreciated.
Lizzzie

Post by Lizzzie »

It worked wonderfully on TB 7.01 with minimize to tray revived, thanks a lot, you made my day [-o<
Akela_Graywolf

Post by Akela_Graywolf »

THANK YOU!!!

jivago_rey

you are a great.

you have saved me from mental insanity
sijarvis

Post by sijarvis »

jivago_rey wrote:Hey I fixed it! In fact, there's only 1 instance of Thunderbird but two windows who try to proceed at the same time at startup.

I noticed there was 2x "MinimizeToTray Plus" icons in the taskbar. MinimizeToTray Plus doesn't exit the program so it is impossible to really get rid of that second window... Here's what I did ;

1. Disable "MinimizeToTray Plus" in menu "Tools/Add-Ons/"
2. Exit Thunderbird (Be sure that the process is not running)
3. Open Thunderbird (In my case, I had the same two windows problem the first time)
4. Now Thunderbird runs without the MinimizeToTray Plus add-on.
5. Close one of the window.
6. Re-enable your "MinimizeToTray Plus" add-on
7. Exit and restart

Voilà!

Somewhere in the registry I guess, the software remembered it has two Windows and MinimizeToTray Plus prevented me (the user) to close one of these. Hope it will work for you guys.

An even quicker way is to go to the MinimiseToTray options and to change the Minimise to Tray option to "When Minimising", then select OK. Close one window and it will close. Then go back to the options and set it back to your preferred option, e.g. Instead of closing. Then it goes back to working as expected. Saves you having to restart Thunderbird twice.
guest1234

Post by guest1234 »

Hi,

I had the same problem as some people here, two identical Thunderbird windows and no minimize-to-tray extension.
It took quite a while to get it: hit File->Close.

Too simple.

HTH
bysmarck

Post by bysmarck »

Thank you for this fix ! It worked perfectly !

Post by Guest »

Thank you jivago_rey,

i suspected Minimize 2 tray, but wasnt willing to get rid of it.