No reply/send/forward buttons in Yahoo.mail in 2.1b2

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

este.el.paz

No reply/send/forward buttons in Yahoo.mail in 2.1b2

Post by este.el.paz »

Folks:

Seemed that there are a number of options to pick from as far as giving feedback on Beta; I picked here so maybe there will be some answers?? Providing feedback on Camino 2.1b2 (1.9.2.22 20110908113701) in iBook G4 running 10.4.11 while visiting the new Yahoo mail. When I clicked on an email there was no toolbar for the buttons to "reply" or "send" or do anything with the email. I spent some time looking around for ways to reply to an email and there was nothing; mousing over the area where the buttons should be did not provide links or indication of links. I have the B2 version loaded in an iMac G4 at home but there is seems like Yahoo Mail has not updated to the new version like it has in the iBook. There was a window that said "your connection seems slow" with a button for "classic mail" but the button did nothing . . . .

I launched Ten4Fox and all of the buttons where there and I was able to send my emails from there, sorry to say. Don't know if this is a B2 problem or Camino is now "not recognized" by Yahoo Mail or if it is a temporary bug. I've been using Camino for many years and it is my browser of choice, first choice. Bit of a pain to not be able to send emails in Yahoo; whereas Gmail is handled quite well in B2.

e.e.p.
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Re: No reply/send/forward buttons in Yahoo.mail in 2.1b2

Post by Uncle Asad »

Can you check with a fresh profile (Troubleshoot Camino can automate doing this for a temporary, testing basis)?

I just upgraded my account to the new Y! mail and I see that "toolbar" when viewing a received email in 2.1b2 (or, at least I see the same thing as in Safari 5 and Firefox 3.6.22). I also see that the gear button includes an option to "Show Reply Bar" (currently checked, with supposed shortcut Shift-R), but toggling that option does nothing in any browser.
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
RPMozley

Post by RPMozley »

It's probably more likely Yahoo! at fault. I've seen times on PC Firefox 6.0.x where clicking on an e-mail to view it ends up with just a blank tab (tab in their system not the browser) no buttons either. Best thing I've found is to force a reload of the page and it usually clears up.
My build thread - Camino Builds - http://www.rpm-mozilla.org.uk
MacBook 13" 2.4GHz: OSX 10.6.8
iBook G3 Indigo 366MHz, PowerBook G3 333MHz: OSX 10.3.9
este.el.paz

Post by este.el.paz »

Folks:

Thanks for the fast replies, the "notify me when a reply is posted" did not happen. Uncle A., I'll look into the new profile suggestion when I get a chance in a day or so. But I think it's more in line with RPM's post though. After I posted I checked the Yahoo Mail with Sea Monkey and then I got a large "Your browser is not supported" error window and a list of the 3 (three) browsers that are supported: FF, IE, and Safari . . . which explains why Ten4Fox worked and perhaps explains why Camino didn't. Of course, for those who are hoping to segue from the body of Camino to Safari in the future when I went to Safari I got the "your version of Safari is too old you have to use Classic Yahoo" error window, so even Safari in 10.4.11 is on the way to being "not recognized."

I have no problem using Classic Yahoo, the issue is that in Camino I got no error window about it not being a supported browser, I got no option to "choose Classic" anywhere, and I got no buttons to click on to simply reply to an email. I also didn't get any unknown/unseen link action when mousing over the blank space area where the buttons should be . . . there was just a blank space where the buttons should have been. Using Camino I often get the "your browser is not supported" but the most basic actions can still be done and the toolbar buttons show up and do things . . . so I get the pleasure of using something that "isn't recognized" but still do things. I'll look into it a bit more; like I said, on my iMac this AM I used Camino to check my "Classic" Yahoo email even though I made no choice to move to the new Yahoo the computer "seems to know" to stay with Classic . . . . Thanks for the thoughts.

e.e.p.
este.el.paz

Post by este.el.paz »

Another update: running 2.0.7 in a 10.6.8 MacBookPro gives me all the buttons in the New Yahoo Mail . . . .

e.e.p.
este.el.paz

Post by este.el.paz »

The saga continues . . . yesterday using the iBook running the Camino beta and in a place with a bad wireless signal, suddenly got the drop down black window saying "shut down or restart your computer" . . . . When I re-started I got the "report to Apple that OSX accidentally quit" window. After that restart I relaunched Camino beta and all the buttons were present and working in the Yahoo Mail tab . . . . There wasn't much happening email wise so I had the browser window open with two tabs, also got the "your browser is too old for Gmail, please update" . . . and a few minutes later, AGAIN with the system crash!!!!! I restarted into my Linux partition and spent the next couple of hours with Iceweasel and the Gmail and Yahoo mail tabs open without a recurrence of the problem . . . .

So, still haven't had the time to try out Uncle A's suggestion of changing the profile, but, since Camino was the only program I was running and since the computer didn't crash in Linux, I'm kind of looking at the beta as the possible issue . . . and maybe I should be trying out RPM's G4 7450 optimization of the beta or revert to 2.0.9??????

e.e.p.
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

este.el.paz wrote:yesterday using the iBook running the Camino beta and in a place with a bad wireless signal, suddenly got the drop down black window saying "shut down or restart your computer" . . . . When I re-started I got the "report to Apple that OSX accidentally quit" window.
[...]
So, still haven't had the time to try out Uncle A's suggestion of changing the profile, but, since Camino was the only program I was running and since the computer didn't crash in Linux, I'm kind of looking at the beta as the possible issue

A user-level program like Camino can't trigger a kernel panic ('drop down black window saying "shut down or restart your computer"'); only low-level OS software (like wireless card drivers) or hardware (e.g., bad RAM) can trigger a kernel panic.
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
este.el.paz

Post by este.el.paz »

A user-level program like Camino can't trigger a kernel panic ('drop down black window saying "shut down or restart your computer"'); only low-level OS software (like wireless card drivers) or hardware (e.g., bad RAM) can trigger a kernel panic.

Uncle A:

OK, thanks kindly for the clarification; I don't know enough for real diagnosis, and given that the wireless situation where the signal was coming and going the problem may relate to that. When the second crash happened I stopped using OSX and went to Linux, and then I took the time to find a good wireless signal and find the passphrase . . . and then it didn't crash again . . . . So that lead me to think that it was an OSX side issue . . . . I'll see what happens again.

e.e.p.