[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Morac

[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Post by Morac »

Session Manager 0.8.1.13

Homepage: http://sessionmanager.mozdev.org
Install: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/session-manager/
Download: click here
Donate/Contribute:click here
Documentation and Options: click here
Changelog: click here
Localizations: en-US, ca, cs, da, de, el, es-ES, es-GL, fi, fr, hu, it, ja, ko, lt, mk, nl, pl-PL, pt-BR, pt-PT, ro, ru, sk, sl, sv-SE, tr, uk, vi, zh-CN & zh-TW
Supported: Firefox 38.0+, Seamonkey 2.33+
Review It on A.M.O.: click here
E-Mail: morac99 [da-sh] firefox2 [a@t] yahoo [do.t] com
Public Development Version: click here - Please try this version before reporting problem.
Public Development Version Change Log: click here

This release only works for Firefox 38 and above. It also works for any browser based off of Gecko 38 and up, including SeaMonkey 2.33 and up. There are older versions of Session Manager that support older versions of Firefox and SeaMonkey. See the version history page for details.

Known Issues:

1. Save button / menu item does not work and/or is grayed out - Likely your browser is set to permanent Private Browsing (i.e. never remember history). Due to Mozilla's policy that Add-ons MUST respect private browsing, Session Manager won't allow saving of private windows. This includes backup sessions. Disable permanent private browsing and you will be able to save non-private windows again. If you don't like this, don't blame me, it's Mozilla's policy. See http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2010/02/ ... r-add-ons/

2. Recovering from a crash doesn't work - Crash recovery won't work at all if the user sets the option to never remember history or start up in permanent private browsing mode. If you want to be able to recover from crashes don't set the browser to never remember browser history.

See the old thread for more info on older versions.
Last edited by Morac on January 30th, 2017, 10:07 pm, edited 34 times in total.
WildcatRay

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.7.7 - Sep 18, 2011

Post by WildcatRay »

Thanks, Morac.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Lassar

Post by Lassar »

How about a option to modify a session.

Like adding tabs from current window.
-
Curious about the FCC GROL License ?
Morac

Post by Morac »

Lassar wrote:How about a option to modify a session.

Like adding tabs from current window.

That's on my To Do list.
makondo

Post by makondo »

Just marking my spot Image
Drizzy

Post by Drizzy »

Can I export a session to another computer running Firefox?

How to do?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Drizzy wrote:Can I export a session to another computer running Firefox?

How to do?

You can save sessions to the folder of your choice. If you use a utility like dropbox, saving a session to a folder there will copy it to the other computer making it available there.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Drizzy

Post by Drizzy »

I tried using the "export" and "import" feature in Session Manager but I can't figure it out.

I exported a file to Dropbox, then I imported that file into Session Manager, but when I started Firefox at the destination PC, it only showed the native sessions available. The dropbox-sourced file was nowhere to be found

Are there specific instructions on how to do this?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Drizzy wrote:I tried using the "export" and "import" feature in Session Manager but I can't figure it out.

I exported a file to Dropbox, then I imported that file into Session Manager, but when I started Firefox at the destination PC, it only showed the native sessions available. The dropbox-sourced file was nowhere to be found

Are there specific instructions on how to do this?

All import and export do is save and load Session Mgr's settings. In SM's options, you can specify the folder where sessions are saved or just by going to "Save session" in the Session Mgr. menu, you can navigate to a folder in dropbox and save a specific session there.
Ray

Drizzy

Post by Drizzy »

Still stumped. I went to "Save Session" but could not find the "save as" feature. It just gave me "save" -- and automatically saved it in the default location -- wherever that is!
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Drizzy wrote:Still stumped. I went to "Save Session" but could not find the "save as" feature. It just gave me "save" -- and automatically saved it in the default location -- wherever that is!

To specify the folder to save sessions in:

Session Mgr. > Session Mgr. Options > Advanced > Saved Sessions Location > Change

and then navigate to the desired folder.

Session Mgr. > Save Session...

You can name the session file in the "Name" box in the lower portion of the dialog that opens.
Ray

WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Morac,

Do you have adding the ability to specify the folder to use in the Save Session... dialog on your to do list? I failed to remember that capability is not in there.
Ray

Morac

Post by Morac »

It isn't. If the session was saved in an arbitrary folder, then it wouldn't show up in the session list.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Morac wrote:It isn't. If the session was saved in an arbitrary folder, then it wouldn't show up in the session list.

Thanks.
Ray

onemen

Post by onemen »

Morac

did you manege to handle the case of restoring a session with groups by overwriting existing window that have more then one group after panorama already activated, without messing saved groups data?