[Ext]Default FullZoom Level

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Ken Saunders

Re: [Ext]Default FullZoom Level

Post by Ken Saunders »

Oh geez, sorry, and thank you.
Perhaps you should change its label to Zoom Percent or DefaultFullZoom, or just Zoom %?
schischorsch

Post by schischorsch »

I really love this addon. It is very useful. There is only one bug or missing thing in my opinion:
The option "Auto Fit To Window Width" does not automtically fit the content to the window. It needs to be "activated in the DefaultFullZoom buttom. Please make (at least an option) to do this automatically.
squall_leonhart

Post by squall_leonhart »

it needs to be updated to display text next to the icon instead of under it when placed on the addon bar.
werewasmow

Post by werewasmow »

2. If you want to Fit To Width like OPERA but not 100% compatible,a Bookmarklet is available here ( http://space.geocities.jp/alice0775/oth ... FitToWidth )

can anyone provide instructions on how to do this? i would realy like to do fit-to-width like in OPERA
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

werewasmow wrote:2. If you want to Fit To Width like OPERA but not 100% compatible,a Bookmarklet is available here ( http://space.geocities.jp/alice0775/oth ... FitToWidth )

can anyone provide instructions on how to do this? i would realy like to do fit-to-width like in OPERA

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1939895
squall_leonhart

Post by squall_leonhart »

i recently got an update notification for 4.6.0
reginalampert

Post by reginalampert »

I am running mac osx 10.7.2 and firefox 7.0.1. Every time I try to download this add-on, it says firefox cannot find needed file. Help!
Johnfull

Post by Johnfull »

How about for SeaMonkey 2.5?
moziffazine

Post by moziffazine »

When I upgraded to Firefox 8.0, the default full zoom level quit working. Is there a fix?
Johnfull

Post by Johnfull »

You can go into about:config and change the value for minimum zoom to whatever you want.
That will be a global setting for all webpages...
reginalampert

Post by reginalampert »

What about for Mac?
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

Works fine on mac on Fx8 here - have you managed to install this properly yet? Try to save the xpi to your desktop, then drag it to addons manager from there.
AEN007

Post by AEN007 »

30November2011
Greetings.
I just started using DFZL today.
schischorsch wrote:I really love this addon. It is very useful. There is only one bug or missing thing in my opinion:
The option "Auto Fit To Window Width" does not automtically fit the content to the window.
It needs to be "activated in the DefaultFullZoom buttom.
Please make (at least an option) to do this automatically.
I hope in the future the DFZL Auto Fit To Window Width will actually work automatically!
The hotkey CTRL+SHIFT+? does not work either, so
I wrote a little script to click the DFZL icon &then click the FtW option at the touch of a button.

It would be nice if the DFZL FtW hotkey would work.
It would be nice if users could set custom DFZL hotkeys (that would work!) ...

People have been asking for a MFF FtW option for a long time!
tcordes

Post by tcordes »

Hi WhiteAlice0775! Great add-on! My many thanks to you.

I just spent a night hacking it to suit my needs. Maybe yourself and others would be interested in my changes? Here's what I did:

new features I made:

- fits to height as well as width

- recalcs the auto-fit on subsequent pages on the same site, including when going back or reloading

- waits until all images loaded before figuring out auto-fit size

- if things take >250ms to load, it auto-fits multiple times to ensure final all-loaded page is properly auto-fitted

- coalesces events that trigger resizes into a "debounce" function so only 1 resize attempt occurs every 250ms

- tweaked site-remembering code to not remember the zoom level, but to remember whether auto-fit is set
(well, zoom level manual set might work too, but I didn't care and didn't test)

- force a redraw of page into resetted (1.0 zoom) mode before figuring out auto-fit zoom as otherwise firefox returns different values of hw/dw, etc, on subsequent loads (img reloads, ajax reloads, manual hitting-reload-button). This ensures the same, perfect zoom each time. Fixes the bug that caused the zoom to decrement 5% each time you hit reload.

- other tweaks/fixes

I don't really deeply understand any of this JS/DOM stuff so all this is very hacky/kludgy!! However, it works 100% great in my tests so far, except for 1 unexplained Xorg 10s freeze on 1 certain site.
eltomassito

Post by eltomassito »

After upgrading to Firefox 11.0 problem appears. During opening Firefox there's irritating animation. You can see it on this movie file: http://speedy.sh/9wGsh/Opening-artifact.mp4