The World of WebGL discussion and bug hunting

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Omega X

Re: The World of WebGL discussion and bug hunting

Post by Omega X »

hews310 wrote:
keldorn wrote:My understanding is that with some graphic cards and driver combinations it crashes the browser or even BSODs the Windows.

You'd think they could just blacklist the offending drivers though since the performance boost is so huge? Not got any crashes on about 20+ WebGL tests so far with 258.96 driver.

People are already complaining that they can't get Hardware Acceleration because of bad drivers. OpenGL drivers are doubly bad across the board.

ANGLE assures compatibility.
avada

Post by avada »

I notcied that the ray tracer demo runs very slowly on my main profile and generating max cpu usage. While on a fresh profile it runs smoothly and with no increase in cpu usage. What could be the cause?
CirqueForge

Post by CirqueForge »

avada wrote:I notcied that the ray tracer demo runs very slowly on my main profile and generating max cpu usage. While on a fresh profile it runs smoothly and with no increase in cpu usage. What could be the cause?

Doesn't happen with me. Using Catalyst 11.8 here after 11.7 did some weird stuff wrongly with OpenGL.

On another note, an update with the WebGL conformance tests in relation to my graphics card and drivers, AMD 5650 Mobility with Catalyst 11.8

Nightly 9/26/11 x85/x64 Native OpenGL: Results: (7510 of 7849 passed, 1 timed out)
Nightly 9/26/11 x85/x64 ANGLE: Results: (7338 of 7400 passed)
Chrome 16 Canary: Results: (7609 of 7661 passed)

So as of right now, it looks like Nightly can see more tests with native OpenGL over Canary, but Canary can pass more of them than Nightly. ANGLE seems now pretty much looks great as it only trails native OpenGL by a bit in terms of how many tests it can see and pass.
Metalstream

Post by Metalstream »

avada wrote:I notcied that the ray tracer demo runs very slowly on my main profile and generating max cpu usage. While on a fresh profile it runs smoothly and with no increase in cpu usage. What could be the cause?

Runs fine to me. I know in a clean profile you don't have problems, did you test what happened in safe mode?
"I love God, He's my favourite fictional character." - Homer J. Simpson