MozillaZine

New wireless printer not found by FF 7

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
LIMPET235

Post Posted October 4th, 2011, 8:38 am

Exactly what? did you restore?
The whole old profile.....or your "selected" stuff?
Ancient Amateur Astronomer
Win-7-HP/Intel® DualCore-2.0GHz/500G HDD/4 Gig Ram/550Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-20.0-62.0/T-bird-2.0.0.24/SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.
(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)

L.A.R. Grizzly

Post Posted October 4th, 2011, 10:49 am

MikeDFFFF wrote:OMG after I did the restore to the new profile i end up with the same problem. :(

IOW it doesn't see the printer now in the new profile.

Fing POS. This is ridiculous. If I wanted to do this kind of crap I would have installed Linux.

That's telling you that something in your old profile is causing your problems. It may be an add-on or something else you imported. Create another test profile and import things gradually until you find the culprit.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 28.7.1, Interlink Mail 52.9.7176, Firefox 52.9.0esr, Thunderbird 52.9.1 and SeaMonkey 2.48

VanillaMozilla

Post Posted October 4th, 2011, 11:06 am

We can't see your computer, so we can only guess what could be wrong. But evidently you imported the problem into your new profile. You may have imported an incorrect printer setting, or you may have some stupid extension, which you imported from your old profile, that makes incorrect changes to your printer settings. Keep that possibility in mind.

Let's not neglect the simple and obvious. Go to the Print menu.
File > Print ...

There's a dropdown list of printers. Click on the arrow at the right of the box and select your printer. This may seem obvious, but how can we tell if you tried that?

If you get that far, also check the printer Properties in the same menu. Check through all settings for that printer. You may have checked something stupid (e.g., printing on 4x8 foot paper) that simply cannot work with that printer. Also check
File > Page Setup...

The other thing you can do is go to about:config and type
printer
Then go through all the settings for that printer and reset them to default condition by right clicking on each.

MikeDFFFF

Post Posted October 5th, 2011, 7:15 am

OK I got it sorted out.

Long story short: Adblock and the HP addon called HP Smart Web Printing clash. Adblock has reported this to HP for a while now but I guess HP doesn't care. Maybe they think Adblock is hurting their business by blocking possible HP ads on webpages. Jerks

All I had to do was disable the HP Add on.

http://adblockplus.org/en/changelog-1.1.3

LIMPET235

Post Posted October 5th, 2011, 7:28 am

Hi Mike,
Many ta's for the feedback.
May help others in a similar situation.

Happy motoring.
Ancient Amateur Astronomer
Win-7-HP/Intel® DualCore-2.0GHz/500G HDD/4 Gig Ram/550Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-20.0-62.0/T-bird-2.0.0.24/SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.
(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)

Return to Firefox Support