Getting the Menu back

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mdew

Getting the Menu back

Post by mdew »

Not sure why there isn't an option, but I right clicked on top toolbar, which I clicked on hide menu bar.. now I can't re-enable it. I've right clicked all over the top, with no options to enable the top menu.
BruceAWittmeier

Re: Getting the Menu back

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

You might be one bar too high. The menu is displayed when right click on a toolbar (top bar is not a toolbar with the default installation). You can select View/Toolbars and put a check mark by the Menu bar or any space between tabs, or space between the buttons on the location bar.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

For windows, there is now an option to use the Alt key to restore a hidden Menu bar.
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post
mdew

Post by mdew »

Thanks, yeah the Alt Key seemed to resolve it.. Though it would be nice if I was able to right click to enable the menu again.
ffextensionguru

Post by ffextensionguru »

Anyone know if there is stylish script or an extension that will allow us to get this behaviour now instead of having to wait for Thunderbird 9 in December?
Paenglab

Post by Paenglab »

ffextensionguru wrote:Anyone know if there is stylish script or an extension that will allow us to get this behaviour now instead of having to wait for Thunderbird 9 in December?

What should TB 9 change in this behavior?

PS: In menu View>Toolbars you can set the checkmark before Menu Bar and the menu is always shown.
Nuvola theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Paenglab wrote:What should TB 9 change in this behavior?

The "hide" feature won't be visible until TB 9, this is when bug 581661 becomes effective. I don't think he wants anything changed for TB 9, but rather get the fix for TB 7.0.1/8.0 already.
ffextensionguru

Post by ffextensionguru »

rsx11m wrote:
Paenglab wrote:What should TB 9 change in this behavior?

The "hide" feature won't be visible until TB 9, this is when bug 581661 becomes effective. I don't think he wants anything changed for TB 9, but rather get the fix for TB 7.0.1/8.0 already.

Yes, that was why I asking.