Palemoon vs Waterfox (x64) - which is faster?

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
subfire

Palemoon vs Waterfox (x64) - which is faster?

Post by subfire »

Caspid

Re: Palemoon vs Waterfox (x64) - which is faster?

Post by Caspid »

I'm also curious. It's impossible to find benchmarks between Nightly / Pale Moon / Waterfox...
"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Why? Pale Moon and Waterfox are only third party builds after all no better and in some cases worse than other peoples versions who don't boast about them.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
subfire

Post by subfire »

But if I have Core i7 Sandy bridge (win7 x64), is it any better? From my experience Waterfox seems very stable and fast (no, i'm not advertising his build nor fan bragging, just wanna know which is the fastest atm)
wildbill2070

Post by wildbill2070 »

I have them both on my computer, and just by running them no benchmarks Waterfox seems faster.
subfire

Post by subfire »

I found this:
>Why no 64bit browsers entered? IE9 x64, Pale Moon x64 & Waterfox x64. I don't even touch 32 bit browsers anymore, lot of people don't. I've done benchmarks of Pale Moon x64 that smoked Firefox4 32bit. Then I benchmarked Waterfox x64 against Pale Moon x64 and Waterfox smoked Pale Moon x64 by a long shot. I use both PM & WF, they are damn fast...
http://forums.legitreviews.com/about34322.html
natostanco

Post by natostanco »

I don't know how much it is worth but I have ran a benchmark called browsermark and this are the results:

Firefox 9.0.1 ~320K
Waterfox 9 ~350K
Palemoon 8 ~420K